I plan on getting my very first blackberry in a few weeks and I'm at a loss. The storms touch screen looks fun and the big screen is nice, but I've heard that isn't not great and that the tour is much better. However, I don't know how I feel about that little trackball, it looks so hard and annoying to use. I would be only using it for personal use, so I want to be able to put all my music on it (instead of using my Ipod touch) and I text/email a lot. I also want to be able to use facebook and play games (like my ipod touch).
    I'm so confused, HELP!
    Thanks so much!!!
    07-28-09 12:00 PM
    In my opinion only get the Storm if you really want a touch screen.

the Tour is a much better device. I have no issues with the trackball and find it easy to use.
    07-28-09 12:17 PM
    I would go with the Tour. I am a current Storm user and just checked out the Tour today at Verizon and love it. I played with it for 20 minutes and forgot how much I missed the trackball.

I agree with Stealthman, get the Storm only if you want a touch screen.
    07-28-09 12:22 PM
    It really depends on personal preference. I didnt like typing on the storm. I prefer a keyboard. The large screen is awesome on the storm and with the recent OS upgrades it has become more stable. I traded my Storm for a Tour because I was getting some bad units and it just made sense after my last problem to make the switch to a Tour. I personally prefer the Tour but you will have to go play with both of them.
    07-28-09 12:32 PM
    Get the Storm, with all the new updates it is just as fast and reliable as the Tour, and more fun. The Tour is just like every other BB out there.

If you have never had a full qwerty keyboard then both phones will take time to learn how to type on. It took me about a week to get a hang of typing on my Storm. I previously had a Treo 700 and I noticed playing with the Tour that the keys are small and difficult to use compared to the Treo or the Curve. The Storm's big screen is awesome for all things media related.

Oh and despite everything you read on hear about the Storm. I am still on #1 since I got my Storm for my christmas present to myself, and I love it more and more everyday.

You won't be disapointed with the Storm.

Anymore questions just let me know
    07-28-09 01:33 PM
    Get the Storm if you want a touch screen. Full keyboard and trackball are easy to get use to. I loved my storm but missed the keyboard so I got the Tour.
    07-28-09 01:42 PM
    If this is going to be your first blackberry, I would advise you to choose the Tour. I've got friends with the Storm and love the touch screen but if you want the TRUE blackberry experience, I feel the Tour would offer you that more than the Storm would. The big screen and touch screen may be fun at times but it would boil down to how you use the phone.

I've got work, school, and personal e-mails all on my Tour and I text non-stop daily so the keyboard suits my needs better. I've tried to type an e-mail on my friends Storm and what would take me 3 minutes on my Tour, took me 10 minutes on the Storm.

It's all preference. Good luck with your choice and welcome to the Blackberry Family...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 01:50 PM
    The Tour is just like every other BB out there.
    So if you had a BlackBerry 71xx series it would be just like the Tour?
    07-28-09 02:02 PM
    Go wiff da storm. its da bomb phone out on da market right now. ya will git all o' da ladies when dey see ya texting jivin' an' sexting on da phone. if ya don' dey gots uh money back guarantee. slap mah fro!
    Just for this... I'd go with the Tour.
    07-28-09 02:07 PM
    If you have never had a full qwerty keyboard then both phones will take time to learn how to type on. It took me about a week to get a hang of typing on my Storm.

I'm VERY fast on the Storm... but I will never type as fast as on the Tour. Besides, Both phones use the same chipset. You can update the Storm until the cows come home, but it will never react as well as the Tour.

We'll see how the 9550 does.
    07-28-09 02:11 PM
    LOL! You beat me to it.
    07-28-09 02:12 PM
    don't make me shank ya!
    Ahhhhh ha ha ha. Are you sure you're using a Storm or just a non-working demo unit. After my 5th Storm I was over it. 300 BBM contacts and 7k text messages a month just made me realize that the Storm was a kiddie phone.

Its not ready for a regular work load.
    07-28-09 02:13 PM
    Wow it wasnt enough that you posted this on the Storm forum two or three times, now you post it on here? Like its been said, go to the store, play with both them, make a purchase.
    07-28-09 02:22 PM
    Y
    So if you had a BlackBerry 71xx series it would be just like the Tour?
    Didn't the OP say he was looking for a NEW (not used, or ancient) phone? Last time I checked the Verizon store that phone wasn't there, and 90% of the CSR's there were just being potty trained when that phone was new.
    07-28-09 03:46 PM
    Go wiff da storm. its da bomb phone out on da market right now. ya will git all o' da ladies when dey see ya texting jivin' an' sexting on da phone. if ya don' dey gots uh money back guarantee. slap mah fro!
    Your Storm keyboard must be defective.....what did you say?
    07-28-09 04:28 PM
    The only thing going for the storm is its bigger screen. everythig nelse the storm has on it is garbage. I could not wait to get rid of the storm for the Tour. The Tour walks all over the storm.

the storm a few days ago was just awarded as one of the top 10 worst smart phones of the year.

the storm gave rim a blackeye, so hopfulyl when storm 2 comes out they will recover there damage as storm 1 had.

The Tour is now the best CDMA blackberry to date
    07-28-09 05:07 PM
    TOUR! I had 4 Storms in 4 months. Had the Tour for 2 weeks and never a problem. All hail BB Tour!
    07-29-09 02:22 AM
    STORM FAIL. That's all I have to say on the issue. Got rid of it as soon as the Tour came out. I love my Tour.

07-29-09 02:43 AM
    *DEAD* ..... on another note. it's all personal preference. I'm just over the touch screen. I text a lot and use emails a lot, so the keyboard is much more efficient. The Tour is an amazing phone. I couldn't be happier.
    07-29-09 03:49 AM
    Since you already have an iPod Touch, get the Tour. I have both, and the Tour's browser cannot touch (pun intended) Safari.

The media player on the Tour is pretty bland compared to the Touch.

Also, the Touch has wifi. The Storm and the Tour do not.

That said, I haven't picked up my Touch in about 2 months. I don't really miss it.

07-29-09 04:00 AM
    I have both, and i'll just say that if you want to turn on your phone and not worry about memory and the spinning clock, go with the tour! I do not have to do battery pulls everyday to keep it running smooth.Matter of fact, I have not done a battery pull in 4 days! Still have 111mb and running just as fast as the moment is started up.Love that I can turn it on and forget about it.
    07-29-09 06:11 AM
    I have the tour now and had the storm since release date. I would go with the tour hands down. The biggest reason cause it always works. You can pick up a call and hit the answer with no delay or respond to a text with no lag. The only advantage the storm has is a bigger screen.

07-29-09 06:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD