Hey everyone.

I've had the storm since the day it came out. Long story short, I have gone through 10 storms in this time frame. I signed a 2 year contract but seriosuly, I can't stand this storm anymore. I never had so many problems with a phone then what the storm has givin me.
    I really like the idea of this new Tour thats coming out. I want to know though can it still do everything that the storm can do? Also, does the Tour come with an 8gig memory card as well?

I know I would have to pay full retial for this phone when it comes out if I want to switch to it, my guess it will be around 600 bucks or so retail but if thats what it cost me to get out of this storm I am willing to pay that. I just hope ther tour is a lot better then the Storm!

what advantages does the tour have over the storm?
    05-13-09 08:59 AM
    i should have added this to my FAQ. lol

to the OP -- there are quite a few other threads on this already, with opinions/differences pros/cons. check them out first
    05-13-09 09:11 AM
    Hey everyone.

I've had the storm since the day it came out. Long story short, I have gone through 10 storms in this time frame. I signed a 2 year contract but seriosuly, I can't stand this storm anymore. I never had so many problems with a phone then what the storm has givin me.
    I really like the idea of this new Tour thats coming out. I want to know though can it still do everything that the storm can do? Also, does the Tour come with an 8gig memory card as well?

I know I would have to pay full retial for this phone when it comes out if I want to switch to it, my guess it will be around 600 bucks or so retail but if thats what it cost me to get out of this storm I am willing to pay that. I just hope ther tour is a lot better then the Storm!

what advantages does the tour have over the storm?

I dont mean to add to this thread when there are others, but I noticed u said u went through 10 storms! Thats enough to warrant a courtesy upgrade. At the very least at a 2 year rate with a contract extention. Now... remember what I said... "COURTESY!" Keep in mind that they don't have to do this! So call up, tell them ur issue politely, tell them that you'd be so happy with a new tour and if you can get it at a 2 year price considering all the storms you've gone through. If your a long time customer or VIP, that helps add to the positives. It just might work, but if it doesn't, don't scream and demand as that will get you no where fast.

also, speak to the rep before and explain it to them. I find them to be very helpful and can relate the story to a supervisor with much better results than just going to a supervisor directly

Good luck...
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-13-09 at 09:30 AM.
    05-13-09 09:27 AM
    i should have added this to my FAQ. lol

to the OP -- there are quite a few other threads on this already, with opinions/differences pros/cons. check them out first
    sorry for repeating the question though. I did go through the 8 pages that this fourm does have on this Tour and opened as many threads comparing the storm to Tour and didn't really get what I wanted to know yet...

--will the tour have an 8 gig memory card?
    --I hear rumers that the tour has a brighter and more crisp look then a Bold does, can anyone shed some light on this? or how does the screen compare to the storms?

To the guy who posted right above this one, I would love to call verizon and ask if I can just pay the 200 bucks for the Tour when it comes out considering I went through 10 storms already. I've been with verizon now for about 15 years but wont hurt but call them up and ask though like you say. Otherwise, I really want to get out of this storm, I love blackberrys, but the storm to me was a big mistake.
    05-13-09 04:57 PM
    --will the tour have an 8 gig memory card?
    --I hear rumers that the tour has a brighter and more crisp look then a Bold does, can anyone shed some light on this? or how does the screen compare to the storms?
    1. Will almost definitely support 8GB SDHC cards, but probably not come with one.
    2. BlackBerry Tour 9630 Review - part II - Usage Impressions | CrackBerry.com - Check out the pictures under "Display" and "Backlighting."
    05-13-09 05:04 PM
    1. Will almost definitely support 8GB SDHC cards, but probably not come with one.
    2. BlackBerry Tour 9630 Review - part II - Usage Impressions | CrackBerry.com - Check out the pictures under "Display" and "Backlighting."
    Thanks for the link, that helped out a lot!

I have never owned another blackberry besides the storm. I'm a little concerned with the trackball becuase its used all the time. does the trackball ever get wore out somehow or break since its used the most?
    05-13-09 07:11 PM
    Yep, you definitely made the biggest mistake of your life by staying with the Storm. I had 4 or 5 replacements too, and I made the mistake of keeping it too long until I was able to sell it for a reasonable price.

Now, I've got the Curve and will stick to it until the Tour proves to be stable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 07:17 PM
    Thanks for the link, that helped out a lot!

I have never owned another blackberry besides the storm. I'm a little concerned with the trackball becuase its used all the time. does the trackball ever get wore out somehow or break since its used the most?
    First off, 10 Storms? Really? This is insane to me. Trackballs get dirty inside and out, however the new black trackballs make it harder to see dirt on the ball itself. Check the 8900 forum if anyone is having trackball issues and how to clean for more insight as it should be the same.

Trackballs are easily replaceable so no need to worry.

I just noticed that you are running OS .132, are you still having issues on your Storm with this build? What problems are you having? I ask because this is a pretty stable build
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 05-13-09 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Add
    05-13-09 07:31 PM
    Yep, you definitely made the biggest mistake of your life by staying with the Storm. I had 4 or 5 replacements too, and I made the mistake of keeping it too long until I was able to sell it for a reasonable price.

Now, I've got the Curve and will stick to it until the Tour proves to be stable.

if OS 5.0 which will be very stable OS for storm, you may have blew your chance with your storm that you gave up !
    05-13-09 07:34 PM
    the tour has a smaller screen but functionality wise it will be similiar to the storm but with a keyboard

also we hear that the tour's web browser handles java script better so it renders the pages with java script nicer...

im sorry that you had so many problems with your Storm
    05-13-09 09:23 PM
    First off, 10 Storms? Really? This is insane to me. Trackballs get dirty inside and out, however the new black trackballs make it harder to see dirt on the ball itself. Check the 8900 forum if anyone is having trackball issues and how to clean for more insight as it should be the same.

Trackballs are easily replaceable so no need to worry.

I just noticed that you are running OS .132, are you still having issues on your Storm with this build? What problems are you having? I ask because this is a pretty stable build
    Yes I fully agree with the fact that Trackballs get dirty inside and out it is a big problem I'm also facing. God know what can be done
    05-14-09 04:47 AM
    Yes I fully agree with the fact that Trackballs get dirty inside and out it is a big problem I'm also facing. God know what can be done
    i can definitely see it as a problem for those in rougher lines of work... construction comes to mind
    05-14-09 07:58 AM
    what do you mean they get dirty inside and out? I work in the contruction feild but i'm kinda concerned that trackball would get all clogged up or something with dirt or what ever i'm around.
    05-14-09 08:36 AM
    exactly.. if ur fingers are stained or dirty and u use ur bb, the dirt tends to stick more often to the ball and as it rolles around, dirt gets inside and can clog the little magnet tracks inside. So occasional cleaning might be necessary, especially for the construction worker with dirty hands and a blackberry compultion
    05-14-09 08:40 AM
    the major problem is there isn't really a smartphone available across any company that provides a great product for a "dirty" environment

GO GO RIM make a bomb proof berry
    05-14-09 03:16 PM
    I think you may like the tour but I would need to know why you have went through Ten storms?! Is it software issues or hardware failure? I am still using my pre launch storm and do not have any issues with it. The tour will more the likely not come with a 8gb card as its not going to be marketed as a media device.

05-14-09 04:55 PM
    I think you may like the tour but I would need to know why you have went through Ten storms?! Is it software issues or hardware failure? I am still using my pre launch storm and do not have any issues with it. The tour will more the likely not come with a 8gb card as its not going to be marketed as a media device.

I kind of figured it wouldnt come with a card but because I am keeping my storm ill be using that card..

as for the OP going through 10 storms I dont know how its even possible...
    05-14-09 08:15 PM
    I kind of figured it wouldnt come with a card but because I am keeping my storm ill be using that card..

as for the OP going through 10 storms I dont know how its even possible...
    remember, nothings confirmed... shoot, the darn phone is not even confirmed
    05-14-09 08:28 PM
    remember, nothings confirmed... shoot, the darn phone is not even confirmed

the phone confirmed yes officially anounced no.. I mean if CX is running around with one its the same thing as the storm was pre-confirmed
    05-14-09 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD