Ok so i had a storm as my first BB, im on # 5 with replacements (refurbs) and i was told that i could just go into a store and get a diffrent phone if i had more problems. Now heres the real question. If the storm was my first BB and ive never had a qwerty phone before what do you guys think i should do, normaly i type in full portrait becaue im just lazy and its easier on my fingers so is the regular keyboard like that? if i decide to switch will i have problems moving from a full click screen to a regular keypad?

just wondeing because i like the touch screen but the phone drives me crazy.
    05-26-09 08:24 AM
    With any keyboard, you will have some adjusting to do. With time though, you can get used to most keyboards. Each phone's keyboard is a little different so practice or just using it will get you where you need to be.
    05-26-09 08:38 AM
    I currently have had 10 replacment storms. As with me the Storm was my first BB. Needless to say, I'm done with the storm and the touch screens, they are a pain in the **** to type long e-mails on. It makes me dread typing anything on the storm. As with me also, I am switching over to the Tour once it comes out, of course I will have to pay retial for it, but to get me out of the storm I am willing to pay it.
    I have messed with BB's that have the full keyboards on them and I love them, they are extreamly fast, very easy to type on and the phone is a lot more solid then th storms are. To me the storm is more of a toy now that has a touch screen. I'm done with that, I want a real buisness phone now where I can depend on the phone to work at all tims unlike the storm.
    If I were you, I would wait until the Tour comes out. Goodluck with what ever you do though
    05-26-09 08:42 AM
    Ok so i had a storm as my first BB, im on # 5 with replacements (refurbs) and i was told that i could just go into a store and get a diffrent phone if i had more problems. Now heres the real question. If the storm was my first BB and ive never had a qwerty phone before what do you guys think i should do, normaly i type in full portrait becaue im just lazy and its easier on my fingers so is the regular keyboard like that? if i decide to switch will i have problems moving from a full click screen to a regular keypad?

just wondeing because i like the touch screen but the phone drives me crazy.
    There has been many pictures of the tour floating around and a full review by Kevin right here on the crack...
    I guess it all comes down to what you feel comfortable with. The Tour will be the closest comparison as far as features to the storm as any other berry on verizon for a bit. It looks overall to be a good device even on pre release software.

I don't think you will have problems switching. Have you ever owned a phone without touch? If so then its really not a big deal.
    05-26-09 01:18 PM
    yea ive had phones with no touch but never a full keyboard before, just normal phones
    05-26-09 05:28 PM
    Ummmm I'm sure if you've had that man replacements you can switch that out for a comparable device which would be the tour when it comes out..
    05-26-09 05:45 PM
    I currently have had 10 replacment storms. As with me the Storm was my first BB. Needless to say, I'm done with the storm and the touch screens, they are a pain in the **** to type long e-mails on. It makes me dread typing anything on the storm. As with me also, I am switching over to the Tour once it comes out, of course I will have to pay retial for it, but to get me out of the storm I am willing to pay it.
    I have messed with BB's that have the full keyboards on them and I love them, they are extreamly fast, very easy to type on and the phone is a lot more solid then th storms are. To me the storm is more of a toy now that has a touch screen. I'm done with that, I want a real buisness phone now where I can depend on the phone to work at all tims unlike the storm.
    If I were you, I would wait until the Tour comes out. Goodluck with what ever you do though
    10 replacements is crazy. Are you being picky or are you just the most unlucky person in the world. Wow, just wow. Good luck guys. I guess if I really wanted to like a phone I would endure that as well.
    05-26-09 06:10 PM
    Considering your bad luck with the phone when the tour is announced and such you may want to consider calling verizon and seeing if they can do anything for you. It seems like you may have had some really bad luck with this phone.
    05-26-09 07:54 PM
    Does Verizon keep track of how many replacements you've had?
    05-26-09 07:56 PM
    Does Verizon keep track of how many replacements you've had?

I would be willing to bet they do..

I mean each claim has a claim number and everything. I am sure they know
    05-26-09 07:57 PM
    its all kept in the system
    05-26-09 08:35 PM
    Yeah I would go for the tour if you can get it free but if not just wait out your contract...
    Going to a full key pad will be no problem, but a bit of a learning curve is required

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 08:50 PM
    theres no way il be able to wait out my contract with this pos ( 18 more months?? no way in h3ll)

and yes vzw does keep track of them because they said that becasue ive had 5 replacements in 90 days i was eligbile for a new difffrent phone.
    05-27-09 02:11 PM
    Nothing better than a full qwerty keyboard on a BB. If productivity is what your looking for, search no more. You will be very happy.

Emails, texts, BBM not an issue ever. Typing out long messages is simple and fast. 99% of my posts are from my Curve.

Tour will be a great choice.

05-27-09 03:53 PM
    Nothing better than a full qwerty keyboard on a BB. If productivity is what your looking for, search no more. You will be very happy.

Emails, texts, BBM not an issue ever. Typing out long messages is simple and fast. 99% of my posts are from my Curve.

Tour will be a great choice.

this is what im looking for

I do more emailing and things with typing then anything. I think the tour will get me away from the computer more then I currently am which is a huge plus
    05-27-09 04:05 PM
    this is what im looking for

I do more emailing and things with typing then anything. I think the tour will get me away from the computer more then I currently am which is a huge plus
    oh you're in trouble now. The addiction will be taken to a whole other level : )

Crack 24/7 at your fingertips. Figuratively (sp?) and literally speaking.

05-27-09 04:22 PM
    yea im gonna go with the tour when it comes out, hopefully its soon, and im not really sure if the storm i have now is gonna qualify to be replaced or not because i actually have to go into a store to get it which means that they have to play with it, and this one seems to be the best out of all of them, but im at the point where i cant stand it anymore, maybe il try the screen fix screw thing but opposite? in theory it should work right?
    05-27-09 05:45 PM
    oh you're in trouble now. The addiction will be taken to a whole other level : )

Crack 24/7 at your fingertips. Figuratively (sp?) and literally speaking.

yes but 24/7 away from the computer is better then 24/7 at the computer haha. I am probably about 60/40 with the storm and look to flip it with the tour
    05-27-09 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD