so let me start this off by telling you my story...

like a month ago, (764 hours ago to be exact)... a friend an I decided we wanted to see who could hold their breath longer. he had a crappy enV2, so we used my tour for the stopwatch. the stopwatch works great on this phone and is a nice addition (my first phone with a stopwatch).

so we go along and do it, (*turns out i can hold my breath for almost 2.5 minutes and he could only last about one minute*) blah blah, then we stopped. i guess what i didn't notice was that i never stopped the stopwatch the last time i used it.

my phone progressively started running slower, and had freezing issues every now and then. (this is my second tour, my first had the trackball issue as well as a speaker issue). there have been a couple battery pulls and shutdowns since i've got it, maybe 5 or 6 of them... so today (literally about 10 minutes ago), i had to use my stopwatch for something at my work. i go into it and see 764 hours and it still running.

i shut it off and now my tour is running wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster than it was the last two weeks.

moral of the story: be careful you stop the stopwatch before exiting it. battery pull or not, it still runs.
    11-04-09 08:53 AM
    i can't believe it would still run after a battery pull.....highly doubt it.
    11-04-09 08:55 AM
    I feel like it should stop running after you exit the clock app?
    Either way this is hilarious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 08:56 AM
    I feel like it should stop running after you exit the clock app?
    Either way this is hilarious.

Yeah that is pretty hilarious!
    11-04-09 09:04 AM
    Epic story. That's interesting that it still runs even after a battery pull. Nice find.
    11-04-09 09:06 AM
    Ha, I gotta test this!
    11-04-09 09:13 AM
    so let me start this off by telling you my story...

like a month ago, (764 hours ago to be exact)... a friend an I decided we wanted to see who could hold their breath longer. he had a crappy enV2, so we used my tour for the stopwatch. the stopwatch works great on this phone and is a nice addition (my first phone with a stopwatch).

so we go along and do it, (*turns out i can hold my breath for almost 2.5 minutes and he could only last about one minute*) blah blah, then we stopped. i guess what i didn't notice was that i never stopped the stopwatch the last time i used it.

my phone progressively started running slower, and had freezing issues every now and then. (this is my second tour, my first had the trackball issue as well as a speaker issue). there have been a couple battery pulls and shutdowns since i've got it, maybe 5 or 6 of them... so today (literally about 10 minutes ago), i had to use my stopwatch for something at my work. i go into it and see 764 hours and it still running.

i shut it off and now my tour is running wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster than it was the last two weeks.

moral of the story: be careful you stop the stopwatch before exiting it. battery pull or not, it still runs.

I just tested this out on my Tour. After I was up and running again I held the Blackberry button down to check to see if it was showing the clock or anything similar to stopwatch running and nothing was showing. I opened my clock application and went to stopwatch and sure enough it was still running. Thanks for the post, that is a good warning!
    11-04-09 09:15 AM
    i can't believe it would still run after a battery pull.....highly doubt it.
    Did you try it before you flapped your lips? Because I did, and the op is correct. Do you also doubt that the clock keeps running and has the correct time after you pull the battery? Amazing isn't it? Almost like magic!
    Last edited by jjd228; 11-04-09 at 10:26 AM.
    11-04-09 10:18 AM
    LOL, what a great story. Thanks for the warning.
    11-04-09 11:08 AM
    Sounds like the bb stores the start time in a file and starts the stopwatch if it exists. This is a pretty good feature (except for noobs who don't stop the timer).

11-04-09 12:27 PM
    Did you try it before you flapped your lips?
    Funniest post of the week.
    11-04-09 02:13 PM
    Did you try it before you flapped your lips? Because I did, and the op is correct. Do you also doubt that the clock keeps running and has the correct time after you pull the battery? Amazing isn't it? Almost like magic!
    [sarcasm]

man my internet feelings are just crushed....

[/sarcasm]

11-04-09 02:15 PM
    It also works on the countdown timer as well.

11-04-09 03:18 PM
    Great post OP, and a great find as well...
    11-04-09 03:22 PM
    omg does it continue the stopwatch uninterrupted? That's like super magic! Or does it pause when the battery is out? Does the phone use magic or what?
    11-04-09 04:06 PM
    we all know an app will remain open in the phone unless you close it...

however, i wasnt sure how true it was about the stopwatch still running after the battery has been pulled and put back in. I tried it out just now, and its a negitive. The stop watch is not running after a battery pull
    11-04-09 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD