i have had my tour exactly 30 days now and i'm starting to notice that my track ball is starting to get sticky. it moves fine up and down which i have the sensitivity set to 70 but when it moves left and right it hangs and i have it set at 90. also the battery door is a little bit lose. anyone know how long the warranty is for verizon and if i take it take what will they say. has anyone else had this experience with verizon techs yet? i have inusrance on it but i really dont want it to go against it with a faulty product. i really love my tour minus these issues.
    08-23-09 07:17 PM
    This is a known problem, but i think like with anything in large batch you will have your lemons, my tour is fine.............but then again I have only had it a week
    08-23-09 07:21 PM
    Doing a search on this would have given you a ton of information on this well known issue.

The track ball issue is hardware and you should just get a replacement.
    The battery door is also a known issue but does not cause functionality issues with the device.

Also while you are searching for this info, do a search for "Green Dot" which also has a number of threads about it.

Sorry if I do not lead you to the information directly but doing a search in these forums will answer your question faster then creating a whole new thread about something already mainly talked about.

Welcome to the forum and remember search is your friend.

Also if this is your first Blackberry you will love it and hate it and then love it some more.
    08-23-09 07:28 PM
    You know I've thought about taking mine back for a sticky trackball it only does it going left and I got the sensitivity at 90 and I gotta feather like crazy sometimes. My problem is my local store has to order mine because it has no camera. At the same though I don' wanna get another phone that's worse then get another and another. I just don't know if its worth the effort.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-09 08:01 PM
    Verizon has a 30 Worry Free Guarantee. Within the first 30 days of owning the phone you can take it into a VZW store and switch it out for whatever reason. Outside of 30 days you need to call into Tech Support.
    08-23-09 08:07 PM
    I am out of my 30 day and I just walked into store showed them the trackball issue and they are sending me a new one. As simple as that.
    08-23-09 09:18 PM
    All phones come with a one year warranty. I know a lot of people do not share this opinion but if you call *611, tech support is very helpful if you have a warranty issue and usually overnight replacements out if you ask (I think it is 2 day air by default).

08-23-09 09:35 PM
    I just got my tour. The battery door does wobble and I have a very slight ripple but these are issues I think r bound to happen but its good to know that if the ripple gets worse I can call tech support.

08-23-09 10:39 PM
    i have had my tour exactly 30 days now and i'm starting to notice that my track ball is starting to get sticky. it moves fine up and down which i have the sensitivity set to 70 but when it moves left and right it hangs and i have it set at 90..
    I recommend you read this thread. There is some great info from REAL pro's on this issue.. It may shed some light on everything for you from people that know what they are talking about.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/spr...erizon-287676/
    08-23-09 10:45 PM
    try not dropping it that would help ;D
    08-23-09 11:31 PM
    my friend has a tour and all he does is complain about the trackball i told him to go to VZW and they would help him out
    08-26-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD