Hi,

Does anyone know of a fix for a sticky right sided convenience key? I can press the button, but it doesn't really go down and doesn't really go up. I often need to press hard and twice to get the button press to register. Is this a known issue? I would like to fix it myself.
    09-18-09 04:21 PM
    Sounds like a hardware issue to me. I would give tech support a call.
    09-18-09 04:23 PM
    its supposed to be like that.

its the autofocus function for the camera. turn the camera on and just lightly press the button, the camera will focus and then fully depress to take a picture.
    09-18-09 04:39 PM
    its supposed to be like that.

its the autofocus function for the camera. turn the camera on and just lightly press the button, the camera will focus and then fully depress to take a picture.
    You're talking about the key's double-click feature. It sounds to me that the OP is experiencing a different issue entirely.
    09-18-09 04:42 PM
    You're talking about the key's double-click feature. It sounds to me that the OP is experiencing a different issue entirely.
    possibly but a lot of people mistake that feature as the button not working properly.
    09-18-09 04:43 PM
    possibly but a lot of people mistake that feature as the button not working properly.
    I did. I was just calling up my local Sprint store today to see if they could replace it because I though that the right-side key was not functioning properly. Now I know. Thanks....and what a coincidence!
    09-18-09 05:02 PM
    Guilty as charged: I had no idea about the two-staged press right sided button. That makes sense that it would be used for a camera! Thanks guys and gals!
    09-18-09 05:41 PM
    no problem i kind of stumbled on that feature accidentally. If you didnt know better, It definitely feels like the key doesnt work.
    09-19-09 02:39 AM
    Yeah and the 2 part functionality only works with the camera app. If you change it to something else, 1st push turns screen on if dark, 2nd push does the function you want.
    09-19-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD