Ok guys and gals, I am sorry I am a newbie and trying to pick up on things. I have found an app, autostandby which cost money, and easty standby which is not available for the tour. IS there a way to auto standby without an app? Or any free apps to make it do this? Or is the pay one worth it?

Also side question, is there a way to be able to text more then a 160 characters?

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by nksprts; 02-11-10 at 12:45 PM.
    02-11-10 12:38 PM
    Auto on/off allows scheduling standby from the OS. Look in options.

There are apps which allow more than 160 characters. Never used one so I can't guess the usefulness.
    02-11-10 12:51 PM
    if you upgrade to the latest Sprint 5.0 (.484) there is no autostandby anymore and it also has threaded sms-texting so there is no need to find a 160-char app (besides, Beyond160 doesn't work with +5.0 OS)
    02-11-10 01:16 PM
    Auto on/off allows scheduling standby from the OS. Look in options.

There are apps which allow more than 160 characters. Never used one so I can't guess the usefulness.
    Yeah i see what you mean but I was looking for someway to make it go to standby when it dims out *(not in use.)
    02-11-10 01:33 PM
    Yeah i see what you mean but I was looking for someway to make it go to standby when it dims out *(not in use.)
    Not sure, but if you're just setting it down and not using a holster, just take a second to hit the lock or stadby button on the top of your Tour.
    02-11-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD