im on my second tour..the first one i had exchanged because the plastic part above the lcd containing the lock and standby buttons squeaked every time i pressed it. it began to get very annoying and i exchanged it for one which i realized a couple days later had the same issue. does anyone elses tour squeak when you press down the plastic part above the lcd? any recommendations?
    07-20-09 12:16 AM
    Mine does the same. Its not annoying to me though. Sounds as if it isn't stuck down all the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 12:51 AM
    mine doesent make any noise at all
    07-20-09 12:54 AM
    the one in the store didn't make any noise. maybe it just takes turning it off and pushing the keys many times to break them in
    07-20-09 12:59 AM
    maybe its just telling u its squeky clean and brand new. but no seriously mine doesnt seem to have that problem. but then again i have used the buttons on top mayb 4 times since i have had the phone.
    07-20-09 01:03 AM
    mine squeaks too, very annoying. I have been hesitant to post, as it's kind of nit-picky, but since you brought it up, same problem
    07-20-09 01:05 AM
    Same thing here...but doesn't bother me nearly as much as the actual problems in the OS.
    07-20-09 07:03 AM
    Mine was doing the same thing. I took it into a Vzw store yesterday and got a new one. I checked out the ones on display and I didn't hear the crackling plastic sounds---> so I was able to get a new phone without the noise. It was very annoying for me because the noise became so profound I could hear the crackling sound while talking.
    07-20-09 07:35 AM
    Mine does it, too...but I've gotten used to it and since I don't have many of the other issues experienced here except Bluetooth low volume and typical mediocre call quality, debating whether I should try exchanging it or not. If I do, it will be more toward the end of the 30 refund period so I might get a phone that is newer and without some of the hardware problems.
    07-20-09 07:44 AM
    My Tour makes absolutely no noise when I use the top lock or mute buttons...
    07-20-09 07:45 AM
    I think it was a defect or something... but I got mine off the Fed-ex truck and the box was extremely hot from the 3 digits heat. So maybe something melted the plastic.
    07-20-09 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD