Stopped in the Verizon store at lunch to see their Tour.

- The battery cover is different than Sprints. Around the edges where its glossy black on Sprints, Verizons is rubberized like the sides of the phone. I think the rubberized color is a little more gray while the Sprints is more black. Couldn't be for sure though. Also, the carbon fiber middle piece is raised on Verizons so when you run your finger/hand over it its textured. Sprints is just flat/glossy like a sticker. The one I saw at the Verizon store had a gap between the battery cover and main body...my Sprint tour doesn't have that. Verizon's wins for sure on this part (except the battery cover fitment issue we've all read about).

- The bezel on the Verizon version is more of a titanium color while Sprints is more chrome. Verizons look better.

Besides those two things, everything looks/feels exactly the same.
    07-16-09 11:52 AM
    I understand the bezel difference to have some visual difference between carriers but why would the change the battery cover? Sprint must have saved some money doing this.

I will be looking to replace the battery cover with something rubberized just to help from the phone slipping.
    07-16-09 12:01 PM
    I understand the bezel difference to have some visual difference between carriers but why would the change the battery cover? Sprint must have saved some money doing this.

I will be looking to replace the battery cover with something rubberized just to help from the phone slipping.
    I don't understand either. Probably just to save $$ and make more $$$ on the sale. I too will replace my cover once something better comes out.
    07-16-09 12:20 PM
    Any chance of a pic of the back of the Sprint Tour?
    07-16-09 12:22 PM
    Pic I found online where you can see the difference in the bezel colors:

07-16-09 12:23 PM
    O god I can't wait for the first Verizon person to claim that The Big Red used actual carbon fiber on their Tour. I'm much happier with a sticker and $30 less a month for service
    07-16-09 12:26 PM
    I think the titanium bezel looks far better. Oh... Verizon used REAL carbon fiber for the back... Just kidding.
    07-16-09 12:29 PM
    FYI the titanium bezel can be had at Cnn.cn for $12
    07-16-09 12:31 PM
    Oh... Verizon used REAL carbon fiber for the back... Just kidding.
    haha....nice.
    07-16-09 12:31 PM
    O god I can't wait for the first Verizon person to claim that The Big Red used actual carbon fiber on their Tour. I'm much happier with a sticker and $30 less a month for service
    What does service have to do with anything? We are talking about looks. And verizons by most accounts is better. Does ur insecurity with sprint make you have to point out that sprints is cheaper to make you feel better that ur on sprint. I swear every comparison always ends with "well I'd rather pay less..." We are talking about looks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 12:45 PM
    What does service have to do with anything? We are talking about looks. And verizons by most accounts is better. Does ur insecurity with sprint make you have to point out that sprints is cheaper to make you feel better that ur on sprint. I swear every comparison always ends with "well I'd rather pay less..." We are talking about looks

I'm talking about looks... I'm saying looks in relation to cost per month are less important to me
    07-16-09 01:13 PM

The Verizon back looks better than the Sprint one, because it matches the top part of the phone and will get less fingerprints. Unfortunately, the Verizon back sounds like it doesn't fit right, whereas the Sprint one seems to fit just fine.

As far as the bezel, I actually kind of like the silver Sprint one.

Bottom line, if anybody wants to buy a Verizon back for their Sprint Tour, I'd imagine that could be done at some point.
    07-16-09 01:15 PM
    Verizon used real carbon fiber on the back to make the phone lighter... saving them money on shipping the phones, thus saving them more than Sprint!

Just kidding.........
    07-16-09 01:15 PM
    Verizon used real carbon fiber on the back to make the phone lighter... saving them money on shipping the phones, thus saving them more than Sprint!

Just kidding.........
    They also put ricer stickers on the back which increases the speed to REV A Type R
    07-16-09 01:16 PM
    man that is crazy wait til i tell iphone owners my phone has carbon fibers and is like a GLOCK!
    07-16-09 01:21 PM
    They also put ricer stickers on the back which increases the speed to REV A Type R
    07-16-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD