I called Sprint today and told them about all the great offers people are getting from Verizon on the Tour. I asked the rep if there was any special pricing they could give me since I have been with Sprint for over 2 years and am out of contract.

He told me the best they could do was $150 after rebates. I told him that since this was an impulse buy for me I could only justify paying $100. After being on hold the rep said that he could do $100 if I agreed to a 2 year commitment. Of course I agreed!

What other kind of deals have other Sprint users gotten?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 07:37 PM
    I got 299 - 100 instant MIR - 25 credit, no contract extension, and I can still mail in the rebate which could make the phone 75.
    07-14-09 07:53 PM
    Yeah I don't get why Sprint wants to charge so much for their Tour. It seems like the want to drive new tour owners to Verizon.

Amazon/Best Buy have the Verzion tour for $100 for new sign ups yet Sprint wants $300 and iou for $100? I understand about wanting to protect the value of the Palm Pre, but with Verzion offering such nice discounts I think it is CRAZY for sprint not at least match.

I would be a new customer to either carrier with 3 tours and 1 curve. Cost up front for Sprint $1,050 plus taxes. Same items for Verizon? $300 upfront plus taxes. That is a big reason for me not to choose sprint. I tried chatting with Sprint's online rep and she wouldn't budge on the price at all.
    07-14-09 07:53 PM
    I just activated a new line of service for $199. My plan is $59.99 for 500 minutes and unlimited everything else.
    07-14-09 07:56 PM
    Yeah I don't get why Sprint wants to charge so much for their Tour. It seems like the want to drive new tour owners to Verizon.

Amazon/Best Buy have the Verzion tour for $100 for new sign ups yet Sprint wants $300 and iou for $100? I understand about wanting to protect the value of the Palm Pre, but with Verzion offering such nice discounts I think it is CRAZY for sprint not at least match.

I would be a new customer to either carrier with 3 tours and 1 curve. Cost up front for Sprint $1,050 plus taxes. Same items for Verizon? $300 upfront plus taxes. That is a big reason for me not to choose sprint. I tried chatting with Sprint's online rep and she wouldn't budge on the price at all.
    But look at the cost of Verizon's service for the course of the two year contract and you still come out ahead with Sprint.

Also, I'm sure that special offers on the phone will be available through third party retailers when it becomes available to them on 8/2
    07-14-09 08:10 PM
    Deal? What deal, $199 after rebate here
    07-14-09 08:11 PM
    But look at the cost of Verizon's service for the course of the two year contract and you still come out ahead with Sprint.

Also, I'm sure that special offers on the phone will be available through third party retailers when it becomes available to them on 8/2
    Oh I know over time it is cheaper with Sprint, but for the avg consumer they are going to see Sprint asking for $300 - $100 mail in rebate and Verizon asking for 99 and the fact that they might save $10-$20 a month might not sound worth it to them.

Sprint is screwing up this launch and sending more folks to Verizon and yet they can't seem to figure out why they keep loosing customers. Instead of advertising $360 savings a year, they should push free phones and offer to save $210 a year. I bet they would have more sign ups and would actually start hurting the other major carriers.
    07-14-09 08:20 PM
    Well...my deal doesn't exactly happen very often...but...

a couple of months ago i was roaming a lot and sprint said if i kept it up they would have to let me go and also said if i wanted to leave sprint i could get out of the etf...

then they wouldn't give me the upgrade pricing and the best they could do was to offer me a $100 credit making it 399 (prolly cuz i upgraded to the touch pro in october)so I ported my number over to verizon with no etf...

i then ordered the tour for 299 and used save50 to bring it to 250. I then decided to call retentions and ask about the $100 credit they had offered me the other day (when i was gonna pay full price) and the guy gave me a 100 dollar credit too...so after mir it will be $50. The retentions rep also added pick any 5 to my account...how sweet of a deal is that...I've been with sprint for 8-9 years and will never leave...
    07-14-09 08:36 PM
    My deal was $299 - $150 - $100 MIR so I'd be out $50 + taxes. This was thru retention with 4 lines and over 5 years of continuous service with Sprint.
    07-14-09 08:37 PM
    I called Sprint today and told them about all the great offers people are getting from Verizon on the Tour. I asked the rep if there was any special pricing they could give me since I have been with Sprint for over 2 years and am out of contract.

He told me the best they could do was $150 after rebates. I told him that since this was an impulse buy for me I could only justify paying $100. After being on hold the rep said that he could do $100 if I agreed to a 2 year commitment. Of course I agreed!

What other kind of deals have other Sprint users gotten?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Was this through Telesales or Retentions? I called Telesales and could do no better than the standard pricing. Eight year customer with three lines.
    07-15-09 02:32 PM
    Deal? What deal, $199 after rebate here
    same here
    07-15-09 02:34 PM
    $199 after rebate. Extended my contract another year.

I plan on dumping my Curve on ebay so that should get me $100-$150 back in my pocket.

I did this online and didn't try to haggle with retentions.
    07-15-09 02:35 PM
    $150 after MIR... Touch Pro should pull in atleast $225 on ebay and my monthly bill is only going to go up $7.50 for BIS/PAM and Unlimited text as i am on the $30 SERO! i made sure i signed another 2years.. at that rate heck i'd sign a 5yr contract
    07-15-09 02:46 PM
    $150 after MIR... Touch Pro should pull in atleast $225 on ebay and my monthly bill is only going to go up $7.50 for BIS/PAM and Unlimited text as i am on the $30 SERO! i made sure i signed another 2years.. at that rate heck i'd sign a 5yr contract
    So it is possible to get BIS with SERO?

My GF has SERO and I thought they wouldn't do it? Is it only $7.50? And is this standard or do you have to get the right CSR?
    07-15-09 02:48 PM
    So it is possible to get BIS with SERO?

My GF has SERO and I thought they wouldn't do it? Is it only $7.50? And is this standard or do you have to get the right CSR?
    i was going to send u a PM but stupid 10 post rule...

see here

How to: Get a BlackBerry Pack for Free - Sprint Gurus Forums
    07-15-09 02:51 PM
    $199 after MIR here with 2 year extension, plus $25 from order support
    07-15-09 02:54 PM
    Order from sprint.com and use code SAVE50 for $50 off. This code also includes free activation and shipping.

For new activations only (not upgrades), you can register your new blackberry at sprint.com/blackberryoffer by July 15 and receive a $50 gift card. Combined with the SAVE50, that's $100 off/back.
    07-15-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD