guys, I tried loading BB user tools cd that came with sprint tour and it loads with bb screen but screen is empty grey box, nothing i can click on.

what is this cd? why is it not loading? I am currently using VZW BB desktop manager for Vzw 8830.is this ok to do? i thought this sprint tour comes with BB desktop manager 5.0.

Problem is that when i loaded the back up data from vzw dt mgr, it transferred over my vzw.blackberry.net email icon onto my new sprint tour. I go into dt manager to remove this icon and icon does not show up on the dt mgr. what do i do?
    07-17-09 02:10 PM
    Got the same problem with my disc.

Some VZW ppl did too.

Here is what I did to put DM 5.0 on my computer.
    07-17-09 02:14 PM
    Hmmm

the link I posted doesn't work.

Copied and pasted:

When the disc loads up and you get the option to run the program, choose open folder to view files (or you can right click on my computer and explore and find your drive).
    Then click on the Files folder
    Then click on the exec folder
    Then click open the bbinstaller folder
    Double click the BlackberrySetup executable file.

That will get the disc going so you can install DM 5.0
    07-17-09 02:16 PM
    Thanks for this, I just encountered the same problem.
    07-17-09 02:32 PM
    Hey, thank you so much! that seems to be working...with little delay but its working. Appreciate it!
    07-17-09 02:33 PM
    Hmmm

the link I posted doesn't work.

Copied and pasted:

When the disc loads up and you get the option to run the program, choose open folder to view files (or you can right click on my computer and explore and find your drive).
    Then click on the Files folder
    Then click on the exec folder
    Then click open the bbinstaller folder
    Double click the BlackberrySetup executable file.

That will get the disc going so you can install DM 5.0
    doughboy, do you know how i can fix this problem?

Problem is that when i loaded the back up data from vzw dt mgr, to my sprint tour, it transferred over my vzw.blackberry.net email icon onto my new sprint tour. I go into dt manager to remove this icon and icon does not show up on the dt mgr. How do I remove my vzw.blackberry.net email icon from my sprint Tour?
    07-17-09 03:07 PM
    what is diff. between 4.7 vs. 5.0. so far, Im not noticing anything different?
    07-17-09 03:10 PM
    Sorry

I am not that technical on bb's to remedy your vzw issue. But I'm sure someone else can help you out on this forum.

I don't know what the differences are since we are on OS 4.7 on our Tours anyway. I'm sure there will be an update so we can get the 5.0 OS in the future.

For everyone else who had this issue, you have to be patient with the install. It took foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr before the DM 5.0 finished installing.
    07-17-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD