Just placed an order through direct sales and system says the tour is on backorder. anyone else get this?
    07-12-09 11:24 AM
    sounds just like sprint to me.
    07-12-09 11:28 AM
    I wonder if they were ever in-stock!
    07-12-09 11:31 AM
    lol, well see im hoping the inventory just wasn't updated cuz i cant see it going into backorder already... unless they never had them, just realsed to to be like VZW..
    07-12-09 11:39 AM
    they told me i should have it by thursday.. we'll see!
    07-12-09 11:54 AM
    We just went through this on another site and in the end it is not a real issue. Evidently with Sprint on launch day it is pretty common for the new phones to be listed as back ordered even though thats not the case. Don't worry.
    07-12-09 12:04 PM
    I'm offically worried - I just called a Sprint store, and the employee who answered the phone told me they can order the phone now, but it won't come in until August?!?! I made him repeat it b/c I couldnt believe my ears. I hope he was wrong...
    07-13-09 02:09 PM
    I'm offically worried - I just called a Sprint store, and the employee who answered the phone told me they can order the phone now, but it won't come in until August?!?! I made him repeat it b/c I couldnt believe my ears. I hope he was wrong...
    from what I've understood, Sprint corporate stores wouldn't be receiving it until at least a week after it was released (Local store said 7/20). It is only available through online and tele sales for the time being.
    07-13-09 02:11 PM
    dam august?? if thats the case i might just have to wait for the storm 2 to come out (november i think)
    07-13-09 02:24 PM
    I got a confirmation yesterday saying the order was complete, not a word about holding, pending, back order, nada!

Checked on-line status this morning and it said something about the order status required some manual processing, so I called. Rep said all was fine with my order and it would ARRIVE in 2-4 business days.

Checked this afternoon and it shows backordered. Called again and rep says that they had so many orders it took a while for the system to realize that it was out of stock. Yeah right!

Thought the stores would have them too, but yesterday the store said they would not get them for a couple of weeks. On-line only in the mean time.

The last guy said it might only be delayed a couple of days, so might even arrive within 4-5 days still. He sounded so unconfident it was hard not to LOL.
    07-13-09 03:00 PM
    I was told I would have it in 2-5 business days when I ordered it via tele-sales, but when I looked on-line at my order status it says Backordered! They (Sprint) ported my number from my old carrier, so I hope the 2-5 days is accurate! I am holding them to 2-5 days, but what are ya going to do?
    07-13-09 03:23 PM
    I ordered Sat night, mine says same thing 2-5 days, and was updated today.
    07-13-09 03:48 PM
    Yup I ordered Sat 12:20am first message said the manual processing crap second said..Your order is awaiting processing at the warehouse. Please allow 2-5 business days for delivery. If you have questions, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays. So I should get it before Friday hopefully
    07-13-09 08:23 PM
    Idk a lot of people complain about sprint... But i've been with sprint for about 4 years now and i love it... So far no complaints. as far as the bb tour situation there is something weird going on... I ordered mine at 5pm sunday and its gonna be here tomorrow. Yet some people waited for 12am sunday to be the first ones to order and still dont even have a tracking number. I would def be pissed off if that was my case...

I feel your pain fellow crackberry abusers.
    07-14-09 12:26 AM
    ya I ordered 7-13 9pm got the same 2-5 day stuff with the web site showing b/o. Had this happen with the palm pro and got it eardly. I hope the tour will solve my phone tuning the radio signal off issues.
    07-14-09 01:54 AM
    i am seriously thinking about calling and cancelling and reordering. oh but wait, they already charged my card. and its still in backorder. it better be lying! gosh i usually love sprint, but this ****t really sucks! we are all so anxious. i know there is a lot of worse things but dam. and its worse, cuz i dont have a phone. at all. so im waiting for this thing.
    07-14-09 02:14 AM
    I didn't know that Sprint had the Tour as well! that's good! I still have Sprint and Verizon but I have my Tour threw Verizon.
    07-14-09 07:33 AM
    i am seriously thinking about calling and cancelling and reordering. oh but wait, they already charged my card. and its still in backorder. it better be lying! gosh i usually love sprint, but this ****t really sucks! we are all so anxious. i know there is a lot of worse things but dam. and its worse, cuz i dont have a phone. at all. so im waiting for this thing.
    I was the same way I don't do the patiently waiting to good. So I called the store at verizon to see if the store came in on yesterday and I left work xtra early to go get it.
    07-14-09 07:36 AM
    Tele-Sales told me 5-8 Business days and thats for next day shipping. Sprint sure has a way of annoying the **** outta me!
    07-14-09 09:14 AM
    fyi i was told it was backorderd.. my tour it out for delivery as we speak.
    07-14-09 09:16 AM
    I was amongst the first ones to order blackberry tour (11 pm PT, July 11 - which was just after midnight July 12 ET).

My status shows as backordered.

Looks like Sprint announced July 12th as launch date to match Verizon's launch date....they never intended to (or were not ready) make it available on July 12th.

The local sprint store told me that the earliest they would ship is July 20th, it will more likely be around August 2nd, which was the original launch date (before Verizon announced July 12th date)
    07-14-09 10:32 AM
    Ordered yesterday, was told 5-8 days.
    07-14-09 10:40 AM
    I was amongst the first ones to order blackberry tour (11 pm PT, July 11 - which was just after midnight July 12 ET).

My status shows as backordered.

Looks like Sprint announced July 12th as launch date to match Verizon's launch date....they never intended to (or were not ready) make it available on July 12th.

The local sprint store told me that the earliest they would ship is July 20th, it will more likely be around August 2nd, which was the original launch date (before Verizon announced July 12th date)
    That's probably about 2 hours after folks began the orders... 9pm Pacific would be midnight Eastern...
    07-14-09 11:22 AM
    My entire order for a curve, and two sanyo phones showed as backordered. I called the helpline and they said that everything was in stock and should be shipping today. I asked about switching the curve for the tour, and the rep sounded like everything was fine and the tour was not backordered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 11:40 AM
    I completed my order @exactly 12:30 am Sunday. I was told twice it was back ordered and twice it has already shipped, alternating phone calls. I filed a complaint because I spent my whole day home today due to the fact that they could not provide a tracking # and was told (my 4th phone call) that the last person that told me it shipped didn't know what they were talking about. I can't find anyone on line that has this phone. I believe Sprint was trying to save face w/Verizon launch. Best Buy has Verizon Tour, but says Sprint version not due till the 21st. False advertising/fraud? I will know by 5:00 when UPS stops running.
    07-14-09 02:21 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD