08-19-09 03:34 AM
    Nice find.
    08-19-09 03:43 AM
    I didn't look at the link, but it sounds like you have to take over the number and contract. As stated right in the auction title.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 03:45 AM
    Well, you should probably READ the link before posting.

The title is just CLARIFYING for people who don't like to read the fine print before asking questions. (ironic, huh)

You need to sign up for a new line is all it breaks down to.
    08-19-09 03:47 AM
    **** 1. THIS PHONE REQUIRES A NEW LINE OF SERVICE WITH A NEW PLAN AND A 2 YEAR CONTRACT.

**** 2. IT IS NOT AVAILABLE AS AN UPGRADE OR REPLACEMENT PHONE.

*** 3.*THIS OFFER IS AVAILABLE FOR CUSTOMERS GETTING BRAND NEW SERVICE WITH SPRINT (OPTION #1 BELOW), OR THIS OFFER IS AVAILABLE FOR CURRENT SPRINT CUSTOMERS ONLY IF THEY�RE ADDING NEW LINES*WITH*NEW*PLANS (OPTION #2 BELOW).

**** 4. FREE ACTIVATION IS INCLUDED (NORMALLY $36).

**** 5. FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING (MONDAY - FRIDAY DELIVERIES) IS INCLUDED.

**** 6. THIS PHONE IS BRAND NEW AND HAS THE SAME 1 YEAR WARRANTY AND INCLUDED ACCESSORIES AS ALL SPRINT PHONES.

**** 7. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRANSFER/MOVE YOUR NUMBER FROM ANOTHER PHONE PROVIDER (VERIZON, AT&T, ETC.), WE'LL SEND THE PHONE TO YOU WITH A TEMPORARY NUMBER. THEN YOU CAN TRANSFER YOUR NUMBER FROM YOUR CURRENT PROVIDER TO SPRINT BY CONTACTING SPRINT ONCE YOU'VE RECEIVED THE PHONE.

**** 8. BEFORE THIS PHONE CAN BE ORDERED FOR CUSTOMERS, WE ARE STILL*REQUIRED TO FOLLOW SPRINT'S RESTRICTIONS*IF SPRINT REQUIRES A DEPOSIT, DENIES SERVICE, OR*PLACES ANY*OTHER LIMITATIONS.

**** 9. ONCE APPROVED YOUR PHONES WILL SHIP FOR DELIVERY.*

TO GET STARTED

*TO GET STARTED AND BEFORE YOU MAKE ANY PURCHASE IN EBAY, YOU ONLY NEED TO CONTACT US WITH THE REQUIRED INFO (SEE OPTION #1 OR* #2 BELOW) BY CLICKING ON "ASK THE SELLER A QUESTION"*ON THIS PAGE OR*BY EMAILING US AT [email protected]. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL AS YOUR APPLICATION AND ORDER PROGRESS OR IF ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION NEEDED.*

(OPTION #1) INFORMATION REQUIRED TO ACTIVATE AS A NEW SPRINT CUSTOMER:

CALL SPRINT DIRECTLY*AT 1-866-866-7509 AND*HAVE THEM RUN YOUR APPLICATION. THEN GET YOUR APPLICATION NUMBER FROM THEM (NOTE, THAT SPRINT REQUIRES THE ADDRESS ON YOUR APPLICATION BE THE SAME ADDRESS

AS WHERE WE ARE SHIPPING THE PHONE TO)

SEND US YOUR SPRINT APPLICATION NUMBER

SEND US YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME

SEND US THE RATE PLAN/FEATURES YOU WOULD LIKE FOR YOUR NEW LINE(S) OF SPRINT SERVICE

SEND US THE AREA CODE AND THE CITY YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR NEW CELL PHONE NUMBER FROM (I.E. 816/KANSAS CITY, 702/LAS VEGAS, ETC.). IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO*KEEP YOUR NUMBER FROM ANOTHER PHONE COMPANY, WE'LL SEND THE PHONE OUT TO YOU WITH A TEMPORARY PHONE*NUMBER. THEN ONCE YOU'RE RECEIVED THE PHONE YOU CAN TRANSFER YOUR NUMBER FROM YOUR CURRENT PROVIDER TO SPRINT BY CONTACTING SPRINT.

(OPTION # 2) INFORMATION REQUIRED TO ACTIVATE ADDITIONAL NEW LINES OF SERVICE AS A CURRENT SPRINT CUSTOMER:

SEND US ONE OF YOUR CURRENT SPRINT CELL PHONE NUMBERS

SEND US YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME

SEND US YOUR ACCOUNT PIN THAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR CURRENT SPRINT ACCOUNT (THIS IS AT LEAST 6 DIGITS LONG AND CANNOT BE SIMILAR TO YOUR SS #. IF YOU DON'T KNOW THIS, THEN CALL SPRINT CUSTOMER SERVICE FIRST)

SEND US THE ADDRESS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE THE PHONE SHIPPED TO (SPRINT REQUIRES THAT THIS MUST BE THE SAME ADDRESS AS WHAT'S ON YOUR SPRINT ACCOUNT).

SEND US THE RATE PLAN/FEATURES*YOU WOULD LIKE*FOR YOUR NEW LINE OF SPRINT SERVICE

SEND US THE AREA CODE AND THE CITY YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR NEW CELL PHONE NUMBER FROM (I.E. 816/KANSAS CITY, 702/LAS VEGAS, ETC.).** IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO*KEEP YOUR NUMBER FROM ANOTHER PHONE COMPANY, WE'LL SEND THE PHONE OUT TO YOU WITH A TEMPORARY PHONE*NUMBER. THEN ONCE YOU'RE RECEIVED THE PHONE YOU CAN TRANSFER YOUR NUMBER FROM YOUR CURRENT PROVIDER TO SPRINT BY CONTACTING SPRINT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 03:56 AM
    eBay - Proof PT Barnum was correct.

08-19-09 04:09 AM
    Still seems like a good deal to me, the Seller has all positive feedback
    08-19-09 12:44 PM
    This was posted before and seems to be legit.

I would give it a try if it wasn't sprint.
    08-19-09 12:46 PM
    SWEET...great find for sure!!!
    08-19-09 12:51 PM
    I am not saying it is or it isn't a scam. I am just trying to be funny.

He may be a dealer giving back all his SPIFs and hold backs to close deals, but I am always wary of people seeling phones or service off eBay. Plus I bought a phone from a Nextel dealer YEARS ago and they treated me like a lepper whenever I had a problem. I personally have always had better experiences dealing with corporate stores or customer service to get my devices and then for future service.

And like Dr Dingo said, would be interesting if it wasn't Sprint. They are tied with T-Mobile for the the WORST BBY tech support IMO out of all of the carriers.

That said, the eBay account has only been up since May 2009 and he only has a 200 rating. I would still be very cautious.
    Last edited by phantomsax; 08-19-09 at 12:55 PM.
    08-19-09 12:52 PM
    Has anybody actually followed this through to completion?
    09-08-09 11:08 AM
    the catch..hmmm i wish it was posted before i paid my 199.00 for mines...
    09-08-09 11:39 AM
    Yea I had a friend that did the same thing with his Storm.
    09-08-09 11:45 AM
    Of course it's Legit. But how do we know that the OP is not the seller? Definitely an easy way to advertise. You get banned on HowardForums for linking an auction.
    09-08-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD