Just having a quick issue with sprint's telenav. It was working fine two days ago and when I tried to use it today it is asking if i want to purchase it and pay to use it. any clues why it's asking me to pay?

I also dled last week the general telenav to compare the two i am not sure if having both on my phone prompted the sprint version to ask me to start paying for it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    07-29-09 11:32 AM
    Just having a quick issue with sprint's telenav. It was working fine two days ago and when I tried to use it today it is asking if i want to purchase it and pay to use it. any clues why it's asking me to pay?

I also dled last week the general telenav to compare the two i am not sure if having both on my phone prompted the sprint version to ask me to start paying for it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Sprint Telnav is a subscription service. They offer a trial with the phone.
    07-29-09 11:35 AM
    Chances are good its already included in his plan. This isn't Big Red we're talking about.

I had this problem before with my Curve, I just stopped using the program.

A real solution might be to delete the app and re-send your service books and reinstall it when the new icon pops up.
    Last edited by TonyTurboII; 07-29-09 at 11:38 AM.
    07-29-09 11:36 AM
    That used to happen to me all the time when I had both Telenav and Sprint Nav on my phone. I now only use Telenav (I think it's much better) and I never get messages asking me to pay anymore.
    07-29-09 12:13 PM
    Yes, do the service book resend. There must be a problem with your account permissions. I'd call customer service. This is definitely supposed to be free and included with the minimum data plan needed for blackberry.
    07-29-09 01:02 PM
    Sprint Navigation is free... I ran into a similar problem on my Curve and it was nothing to worry about. There was a thread or two about it.

Even though I did get that trail period message on my 8330, I still used it with no problems.

I haven't ran into any issues with Sprint Nav with the Tour though
    07-29-09 02:04 PM
    yes i do have the service free so i am resending my service books now thanks for the suggestions as well~
    07-29-09 03:54 PM
    I spoke to Sprint and they said it's $2.99 a day.
    07-29-09 05:11 PM
    Depends on the plan which the everything data, and unlimited everything plans would have that included.
    07-29-09 05:19 PM
    Depends on the plan which the everything data, and unlimited everything plans would have that included.
    As does the $30 BB Personal Pack Addon for older plans.
    07-29-09 05:20 PM
    As does the $30 BB Personal Pack Addon for older plans.
    That's the plan I have.
    07-29-09 05:22 PM
    ava: If you are on the $30 BB Personal Pack and do not have navigation included then your account is messed up in Sprint's computers and you should get it fixed by speaking to someone other than first tier support.

I am on that Pack too and this is taken from the BB Personal Pack link in my plan details:
    This pack is perfect for those who want to get their personal email on a Blackberry without needing to access a Blackberry Enterprise Server. The Blackberry Pack includes:

* BlackBerry Internet Service - Set up to 10 ISP (imap/pop3) email accounts.
    * Sprint� Navigation - Get UNLIMITED directions, see and hear your progress on a moving map.
    * Unlimited web surfing and search.
    * Unlimited messages: Text, send and share your heart out with unlimited text, picture mail and video messaging.
    * Unlimited data access.
    07-29-09 05:42 PM
    ava: If you are on the $30 BB Personal Pack and do not have navigation included then your account is messed up in Sprint's computers and you should get it fixed by speaking to someone other than first tier support.

I am on that Pack too and this is taken from the BB Personal Pack link in my plan details:
    I will be calling someone in a few minutes to have this fixed.
    07-29-09 05:43 PM
    I am with Sprint also you have to have a "Simply Everything" plan in order to have unlimited access to the Telenav feature. Hope I was of some help.
    07-29-09 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD