ok guys im planning on getting a tour today, and my question is..
    can i use sprint and ATT with the tour at the same time, probably switching between CDMA and GSM??????? (please dont be rude, i did search but couldnt find the answer) thanks
    10-01-09 09:23 AM
    is the phone unlocked? If yes that you can use it on att
    10-01-09 09:27 AM
    i use an ATT prepaid SIM on my Sprint Tour without any problems.
    10-01-09 09:28 AM
    ok but i want to use both services at the same time, cause imma be using my regular sprint account, plus my ATT employee account on my sim... both together... is that possible?
    10-01-09 09:57 AM
    It is possible to use them together but you won't be able to get calls from both at the same time. You would need to switch between the two.
    (that's what I gathered from the info on the boards, correct me if I'm wrong)
    10-01-09 10:05 AM
    awesome... i was about to ask the same question when I found out that my Tour came unlocked from Sprint.
    10-01-09 10:10 AM
    ok but i want to use both services at the same time, cause imma be using my regular sprint account, plus my ATT employee account on my sim... both together... is that possible?
    Cannot use both services at the same time... you have to switch between CDMA and GSM networks. You can forward your calls from one to the other when you switch, but that will not be free. I would have loved to have a phone which could do CDMA and GSM simultaneously, but there only are a few truly world phones out there. I am lugging around an unlocked iPhone on T-Mo prepaid along with my Tour (wifi as a fringe benefit).
    10-01-09 11:25 AM
    I am thinking of doing the same thing with my unlocked Tour only using Verizon and ATT instead of Sprint and ATT.

I know the ATT voice service works but my question is about using email and BBM. Can I go into my ATT BIS account and assign the same PIN number as I did with Verizon BIS? If I could, then I could receive BBM messages regardless of whether I was using Verizon or ATT. The same goes for my email. I'm just not sure that you can have the same PIN assigned under different carriers in BIS.

My ATT plan includes BB data so I am not trying to get something for free
    10-03-09 09:17 AM
    I know Sprint unlocks the GSM portion of the phone but I kinda doubt VZW does the same. Could be wrong.
    10-03-09 01:17 PM
    I am thinking of doing the same thing with my unlocked Tour only using Verizon and ATT instead of Sprint and ATT.

I know the ATT voice service works but my question is about using email and BBM. Can I go into my ATT BIS account and assign the same PIN number as I did with Verizon BIS? If I could, then I could receive BBM messages regardless of whether I was using Verizon or ATT. The same goes for my email. I'm just not sure that you can have the same PIN assigned under different carriers in BIS.

My ATT plan includes BB data so I am not trying to get something for free
    I'm wondering the same thing. My company is getting us BB's but I said all I need is a SIM w/ data. If I'm using the ATT side of the phone during business hours will I still get my email and BBM setup through Sprint. I'd hate to have to carry duel blackberries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 08:09 PM
    I'm sure someone is doing this. Let us know.

10-05-09 09:07 AM
    since i've had my tour unlocked i use an att sim i got from buying a go phone. once i activated it i was good to go. You do have to switch the sim card out when going from sprint to att. however that does not take long. power off, swap cards power on, then switch to gsm mode. I keep my att sim taped to the inside of my battery door
    10-05-09 11:17 AM
    oh something i forgot to add, i haven't had luck forwarding my calls from the att number to my sprint. can anyone advise?
    10-05-09 11:18 AM
    Do you have to buy Go-Phone in order to use sim cards in Tour?
    Last edited by Slingbox; 10-05-09 at 11:56 AM.
    10-05-09 11:54 AM
    Having to switch out the SIMs could kill the deal for me. I thought others were just leaving in the ATT SIM and would just switch between the two using the connection manager. Can anyone else confirm this?

10-05-09 01:02 PM
    I've been using a phone in this configuration for about 2 weeks now and have been mostly happy with it. I didn't have to unlock the phone or anything, just dropped the SIM in and it worked. My only complaint is that I haven't noticed it display the secondary number when a call comes in on that one. That may just be my lack of attention or a real "issue."
    10-05-09 02:07 PM
    Having to switch out the SIMs could kill the deal for me. I thought others were just leaving in the ATT SIM and would just switch between the two using the connection manager. Can anyone else confirm this?

You only have to swap SIMs if you're swapping between GSM networks, if you're switching between ATT and Sprint/VZW you only have to use connection manager. The Spint SIM is only for international GSM roaming with Sprint's service.
    10-05-09 02:15 PM
    Excellent. Thanks for your response

10-05-09 02:27 PM
    1. The Sprint Tour comes unlocked.
    2. Yes, you can toggle between the two.

I have a Sprint Demo line and a T-mobile employee line running. EMail and web works with both (I have BIS on both accounts). The only thing that doesn't work is MMS on T-mobile and that's only because I chose not to go through the service books (I can MMS on Sprint, where I have unlimited...T-mobile I only have 200 so I's rather not use T-Mobile for MMS).
    10-06-09 03:57 PM
    Awesome. One last question. When I'm on the GSM side (AT&T) during business hours will I get my emails and BBM that are set up through Sprints BIS or will I have to set up new accounts on the ATT side.
    10-07-09 08:11 AM
    i have been researching on this thing from other post but this completely clears my questions... i have to get my verizon tour unlocked.
    10-07-09 08:47 AM
    So let me make sure I understand this correctly.

I put my AT&T sim in my unlocked VZW Tour. I register the PIN on both VZW and AT&T BIS. A BBM sent to that PIN will be received by the Tour regardless of whether I am on VZW or AT&T at the time.
    10-07-09 09:05 AM
    wow, i'm dummy. i didn't know i could leave my att sim in all the time. and just switch with CM. this is so much easier now.
    10-08-09 10:15 PM
    I have a Sprint 8330 Curve (BIS) for personal use, and a AT&T 8700 (BES) for work. The idea of getting a Sprint Tour to cover both bases is appealing. Is it actually possible?

Assumptions/Requirements/Questions (based on what I've gathered reading the forums):

1) Sprint is now selling Tours w/ unlocked GSM (despite a mistake on early batches). With the 8830 World Phone, it was marketed, at least, as not supporting domestic GSM networks, but Tour voice and data, at least with a 128MB SIM, will work on AT&T, provided the service books are applied.

Can the Tour support service books from multiple accounts simultaneously from Sprint and AT&T?

2) I've read the data services can be toggled to go between CDMA and 2G GSM in North America automatically. How fast is the toggling? I am assuming this does not require a restart of the phone, is that correct? Will this enable both BIS and BES accounts to operate in a functional manner, or is it too kludgey?

3) I am understanding from forum posts that there is no easy way to get incoming calls from the Sprint and AT&T on demand, and that forwarding from one number to another does not work either ... is this correct?

Thanks!
    10-18-09 03:09 PM
    3) I am understanding from forum posts that there is no easy way to get incoming calls from the Sprint and AT&T on demand, and that forwarding from one number to another does not work either ... is this correct?
    You can probably try Google Voice. I have it on my phone. By just using your google number, you can have it set to ring both your Sprint and AT&T number. SMS through your google voice should be fine as well.
    10-18-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD