I just received my Tour today and got it activated a few hours ago. Now my phone has a window titled "Provisioning Status" with the message "The network is updating your preferred network list. Please wait..."

It's been on there for about two hours now. Do I cancel and reboot? or is it supposed to take this long?

Thanks for any help.
    07-20-09 07:47 PM
    its takes about max 2 mins........i think you should call Tech support to provision for you.......
    07-20-09 07:50 PM
    reboot the phone. make sure you have a very good signal. if you are in a low/fringe area it will never update properly. so stand by the window and go back in and re-enable the data profile...
    07-20-09 08:47 PM
    i am having the same problem with my phone, its been three hours since I activated, and it keeps failing to provision, what did u do to get it to work?
    08-12-09 02:05 PM
    877-808-3895
    08-12-09 02:30 PM
    Sprint provisioning took forever with my 1st Tour (more than 5 hours) - I had to take it to a Sprint store and the tech could not figure out what was wrong with it until it "magically" became provisioned. The repacement Tour was provisioned within 1 hour of activation.
    08-12-09 02:35 PM
    I've had the issue on 2 of the 3 Tour's I've had. Now get ready for the 10 minute reboot times...
    08-12-09 02:48 PM
    i did two two tours today within a few minutes apart at 12:30 eastern time, and second one activated on bis network in two minutes, and the first one still is a no go.

I tried everything from reprogramming the phone, register host tables, send service books, update profile.

Nothing works.

Phone calls and sms work, but I cannot update this damn vision profile.
    08-12-09 03:21 PM
    if this isnt fixed by tomorrow morning i am porting to verizon, this is a joke, i was coming from a perfectly working curve 8330 to deal this this bs
    08-12-09 03:25 PM
    I had the same problem. I did a handheld wipe and it still wouldn't provision. I could make calls and send texts, but nothing else. I even got "device not recognized by carrier" message when I tried to change the PIN in sprint BIS. After hours on the phone with tech support I was about to bring it to a Sprint store to swap it out. After the wipe, about 2 hours later I began receiving data. No problems after that.
    08-12-09 03:33 PM
    Maybe even a weak connection? Sometimes that'll delay things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 03:33 PM
    I have full signal strength -80dbm
    08-12-09 03:40 PM
    My wife had the same problem. It was fixed when I ported to verizon.
    08-12-09 05:53 PM
    Sprint is cheaper but you get what you pay for.
    08-12-09 05:59 PM
    had the same issue when i first got the Tour, had to take it to the store to get it provisioned, and even then it didn't work, so i had to call tech support and we just reset the phone(batter pull, reactivation and all) and now it's working fine. =D
    08-12-09 06:07 PM
    How is sprint cheep? At least they don't dumb down their phones like Verizon. Verizon's new slogan is "their network works better on BB. Ya, sure T-moble runs better on BB then Verizon. Sorry, I hate when ppl try to take free shots at other ppl.
    08-12-09 06:18 PM
    Sprint is cheaper but you get what you pay for.
    ya..i have an unlimited plan for $30 (including text and a BB pack with PAM)...i bet you would sell your first kid to have what I have....so..stop trying to justify "paying more"

Sprint has GREATT coverage where I live and I have no complaints
    08-13-09 08:22 PM
    I have had a problem provisioning taking an extremity long time like a lot of people. So I called sprint Blackberry advanced tech and I was given the following answers. Yes on some BB Tours is taking a log time, let me transfer you to some one that may be able to help you. (got transferred) Now before I talked to this person about the provisioning I had a quick question about Sim-cards, answer: what do you mean sim-card ? Ok back to the provisioning question, answer: Its because you phone was programmed manually (not necessarily incorrectly) and not done OTA. The only way to fix the problem is to wipe all personal data off the phone and set it back to defaults and allowing the sprint tech to reprogram it OTA.

If it was manually programed correctly what the HeII is the difference between OTA and Manual ?

Also taking into consideration the BB advanced tech rep didn't know what a sim-card is.

Can someone give me a real answer why the provisioning takes so long or what the issue is please?
    10-19-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD