I believe that with the pre as a sort of flagship devise with everything but memory and not a whole lot of custom settings and not great for business and the tour without wifi and lots of app space but great hardware, a great business devise, and world capabilities makes a great pair with the affordable prices over other us carriers for everyone

Does anyone agree?
    06-16-09 02:07 PM
    I believe that with the pre as a sort of flagship devise with everything but memory and not a whole lot of custom settings and not great for business and the tour without wifi and lots of app space but great hardware, a great business devise, and world capabilities makes a great pair with the affordable prices over other us carriers for everyone

Does anyone agree?

I don't think the pre has anything to do with anything.. itsa nice phone..

but the tour will be the replacement of the world edition so its going to be on every carrier that had the world edition..
    06-16-09 02:10 PM
    I don't think the pre has anything to do with anything.. itsa nice phone..

but the tour will be the replacement of the world edition so its going to be on every carrier that had the world edition..
    well its obviously a differant market and thats what im saying but together i think it covers alot of needs
    06-16-09 02:29 PM

Does anyone agree?
    I don't know what you are trying to say. Sounds like you are saying that their flagship phone, the Palm Pre, is a so-so device that caters to more personal use than business use. And the Tour is a great device that caters to more business use than personal use. And regardless of which phone attracts more users, Sprint's affordability makes it more appealing than other US carriers.

IMHO, there is nothing appealing about Sprint.
    06-16-09 02:36 PM
    well its obviously a differant market and thats what im saying but together i think it covers alot of needs

Does VZW and ATT's choices of phones not also cover a lot of needs?
    06-16-09 02:37 PM
    Does VZW and ATT's choices of phones not also cover a lot of needs?
    ATT has the iPhone + Bold.

VZW has squat.
    06-16-09 03:01 PM
    I don't know what you are trying to say. Sounds like you are saying that their flagship phone, the Palm Pre, is a so-so device that caters to more personal use than business use. And the Tour is a great device that caters to more business use than personal use. And regardless of which phone attracts more users, Sprint's affordability makes it more appealing than other US carriers.

IMHO, there is nothing appealing about Sprint.
    ya thats what i ment but more like that together both devises along wit hsprint behind them makes a great combo like the iphone+bold on att, althought i would pick pre+tour over that
    06-16-09 03:56 PM
    Verizon will be getting both as well.
    06-16-09 04:01 PM
    has verizon confirmed that they will get the pre or is it still a rumor
    06-16-09 04:12 PM
    They will get the Pre, its 6 or so months down the line........but the CEO has confirmed they would. I doubt he would put himself on record saying it if it weren't true.
    06-16-09 04:20 PM
    Pre=LOL, a joke compared to Tour, IMO. Also, I just came back from sprint store because im looking to possibly switch from vzw to sprint and the sprint rep said he's pretty sure that Tour will be released on sprint around same time or really short time after vzw release. He said he is aware the norm is to wait few months after vzw release but not with tour. I am also fully aware of diff. reps saying diff. things so we'll see.
    06-16-09 04:21 PM
    It seems as though Sprint is really stepping up their game & realized it would be a major mistake to not launch the Tour around or the same time as VZW. All those new subscribers switching to the Pre dont mean anything if you start losing them in another category (in this case Blackberry users) to another carrier in order to have the newest & greatest BB.
    06-16-09 04:39 PM

+1

the guy from verizon wouldn't have been talking about the pre if a device either like it or exactly it wasn't coming..

I guess the post by the op caught me off guard because it wa aimed at sprint alone when these phones both the pre and the tour wont be exclusives for very long..
    06-16-09 04:42 PM
    as mentioned upstream...vzn will get both. and you get more free calls with vzn.
    06-16-09 04:48 PM
    It seems as though Sprint is really stepping up their game & realized it would be a major mistake to not launch the Tour around or the same time as VZW. All those new subscribers switching to the Pre dont mean anything if you start losing them in another category (in this case Blackberry users) to another carrier in order to have the newest & greatest BB.
    I don't get what da **** sprint was thinking...I mean if you put a Pre vs. Blackberry in a customer's hand, I'd think that sane thinking customers will choose the BB 9x out of 10. But I do however understand that Sprint does cater to lower class as well which I don't think any other carriers do, at which point, I do not understand how they think so maybe they'd prefer the Pre over BB.
    06-16-09 04:49 PM
    as mentioned upstream...vzn will get both. and you get more free calls with vzn.
    what do you mean by you get "more free calls"?
    06-16-09 04:49 PM
    I don't get what da **** sprint was thinking...I mean if you put a Pre vs. Blackberry in a customer's hand, I'd think that sane thinking customers will choose the BB 9x out of 10.
    That's not true. I know a lot of people who would prefer the Pre to the Tour & vice versa. My point was that I'm glad Sprint recognized the importance of diversifying their smartphone selction so they don't lose additional customers to other carriers due to lack of offering a certain smartphone.
    06-16-09 04:57 PM
    Calls from VZ to VZ don't count towards your minutes. The more customers using VZ the better chance you have of making a free call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 04:58 PM
    Agreed. I know a few people that have the 'I'll take this one cuz it's prettier' mentality, and webOS is definately 'prettier' imo.
    06-16-09 04:59 PM
    I think he's referring to their "IN" network,lol. That's good & all but IMHO, I would rather my free nights start from 6pm then roll of the dice as to who I'm calling is on VZW or not.
    06-16-09 05:00 PM
    Pre is a flop. Its not a flagship. Its a gimmick that will fade within a couple months. Its the Extinct (Instinct) version deux. I'll agree that Sprint needs a flagship device as AT$T has with iToy and Bold, but Sprint management are clueless and haven't pursued RIM to get one on exclusivity.

Hopefully they realize they need to release Tour on par with Verizon so they aren't always being the dumb fat kid who's always picked last at recess dodgeball 'cuz he's too slow and stup!d to get in the game. HEAR THAT DAN HESSE!
    06-16-09 05:01 PM
    Pre is a flop. Its not a flagship. Its a gimmick that will fade within a couple months. Its the Extinct (Instinct) version deux. I'll agree that Sprint needs a flagship device as AT$T has with iToy and Bold, but Sprint management are clueless and haven't pursued RIM to get one on exclusivity.

Hopefully they realize they need to release Tour on par with Verizon so they aren't always being the dumb fat kid who's always picked last at recess dodgeball 'cuz he's too slow and stup!d to get in the game. HEAR THAT DAN HESSE!
    The Pre won't end up like the Instinct,lol. Have you used one? I love my BB (wouldn't give up my Curve for anything,except the Tour,lol) & all but give credit where its due. Palms first attempt at a brand new from the ground up OS runs rings around RIM's lame attempt at an iPhone with the Storm (the screen clicks,what a gimmick,lmao).
    06-16-09 05:07 PM
    That's not true. I know a lot of people who would prefer the Pre to the Tour & vice versa. My point was that I'm glad Sprint recognized the importance of diversifying their smartphone selction so they don't lose additional customers to other carriers due to lack of offering a certain smartphone.
    yeah, i think that sprint targeted the blue(pre) and white collar(tour) customers, recognizing their make up of the customer base...let's face it, no one that works in the office(white collar) is going to be carrying around pre to use email. "diversified" is right.
    06-16-09 05:09 PM
    I think he's referring to their "IN" network,lol. That's good & all but IMHO, I would rather my free nights start from 6pm then roll of the dice as to who I'm calling is on VZW or not.
    oh, thanks...yeah i totally forgot about the IN thing as well as now you can talk to 10 people unlimited on vzw i believe...eeek, i completely forgot about that. 6pm is when nights start on sprint? I thought it was 7pm?
    06-16-09 05:11 PM

I see your point but to be honest, for me personally, I'd rather go with carrier with better NETWORK than phone. I am huge Iphone fan, would love to have one but not on GSM, no way no how.
    06-16-09 05:13 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD