Don't know if this was posted yet but it didn't come up in my search.

Sprint dropped a new PRL update....Works Perfect here in San Jose, CA

To update, go to options -> mobile network -> BB (menu key) -> update preferred list
    02-16-10 05:49 AM
    thanks... what does profile update do?
    02-16-10 06:46 AM
    Don't know if this was posted yet but it didn't come up in my search.

Sprint dropped a new PRL update....Works Perfect here in San Jose, CA

To update, go to options -> mobile network -> BB (menu key) -> update preferred list
    After I upgraded to the official Sprint OS 5 last week, I did a PRL Update under the Network Connections, and I got 60660.
    02-16-10 06:56 AM
    I just did this update, now how can I see what number I have....
    02-16-10 07:28 AM
    I just did this update, now how can I see what number I have....
    Go to the phone screen and type in #4357* then hit the send key.
    02-16-10 08:48 AM
    Go to the phone screen and type in #4357* then hit the send key.
    Thanks!! It says 60660....what does this actually mean?
    02-16-10 08:51 AM
    Thanks!! It says 60660....what does this actually mean?
    it means you have the current PRL with Sprint
    02-16-10 09:03 AM
    For anyone that is curious about this here is a brief description. By doing this my reception improved.

(Preferred Roaming List)

The PRL is a list of information that resides in the memory of a digital phone. It lists the frequency bands the phone can use in various parts of the country. (The smaller bands within Cellular or PCS, technically called blocks.)

The part of the list for each area is ordered by the bands the phone should try to use first. Therefore it's a kind of priority list for which towers the phone should use.

For example, say you had a Sprint PCS phone, and were travelling in an area with no Sprint coverage, weak Verizon coverage, and strong Qwest coverage. The PRL would tell the phone to look for towers using Sprint's band for that area. Finding none, it might tell the phone to search for towers in Verizon's band next, perhaps because Sprint's roaming agreement with Qwest was not as favorable, or none existed. The phone would use Verizon's towers, as dictated by the PRL, even though Qwest might provide a better signal.

Since a PRL tells the phone "where" to search for a signal, as carrier networks change over time, an updated PRL may be required for a phone to "see" all of the coverage that it should.
    02-16-10 09:09 AM
    Since upgrading to 5.0, I've not been able to update my PRL with Sprint. I keep getting the following error: "Your preferred network list could not be updated. Please try again later. If the problem persists, contact your wireless service provider". Any help would be appreciated.
    02-16-10 09:29 AM
    Some users on howardforums were reporting with this latest PRL you can actually roam on Verizon with full EV. How great is that?
    02-16-10 09:30 AM
    Since upgrading to 5.0, I've not been able to update my PRL with Sprint. I keep getting the following error: "Your preferred network list could not be updated. Please try again later. If the problem persists, contact your wireless service provider". Any help would be appreciated.
    did you click on the Network Connections icon and hit the Options button and click on Update PRL? that is how I did it after upgrading last week. Also, are you upgraded to Sprint's official OS 5? I had some problems updating PRL when I was on the leak 5.0.0.419
    02-16-10 09:36 AM
    Yes I did as you said, Network connections, options, etc. Yes, I have the official Sprint 5.0 system that I installed via DM. Thanks for the help.
    02-16-10 10:09 AM
    Yes I did as you said, Network connections, options, etc. Yes, I have the official Sprint 5.0 system that I installed via DM. Thanks for the help.
    Did you also click on Update Profile on the same menu place?
    02-16-10 10:15 AM
    Same problem with Profile. Maybe I should call.
    02-16-10 10:18 AM
    Would anyone have the Sprint blackberry support number handy?
    02-16-10 10:18 AM
    Some users on howardforums were reporting with this latest PRL you can actually roam on Verizon with full EV. How great is that?
    If this is true I will be stoked!! I have spotty coverage in my office and verizon is full. I will report back later with my findings.

Nice post thanks ragnarokx,

JP

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-16-10 10:26 AM
    Would anyone have the Sprint blackberry support number handy?
    *2 on your phone
    02-16-10 10:40 AM
    If this is true I will be stoked!! I have spotty coverage in my office and verizon is full. I will report back later with my findings.

Nice post thanks ragnarokx,

JP

For sure, let us know how it goes. Apparently some users were able to hop on Verizon EV easily, and others had to force 3G mode. Hope it works for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 10:53 AM
    How do you force roam?
    02-16-10 04:50 PM
    the users i was referring to had non-blackberry devices, and had an option to force 3G bands. i think some berrys have that option, but definitely not all.
    02-17-10 01:41 AM
    the users i was referring to had non-blackberry devices, and had an option to force 3G bands. i think some berrys have that option, but definitely not all.
    No current BB on Sprint has the ability to force roaming. The only current Sprint phone that can force roaming is the Palm 755p
    Last edited by cb1111; 02-17-10 at 08:01 AM.
    02-17-10 06:51 AM
    No current BB on Sprint has the ability to force roaming. The only current Sprint phone that can force roaming is the Palm 755p
    Ya, I was probably thinking of the bold. That would be a great blackberry app though.
    02-17-10 12:27 PM
    How do you force roam?
    Get a Palm Centro?

Can't force roam on Tour.
    02-17-10 01:48 PM
    No 3G roaming

02-17-10 06:44 PM
    No 3G roaming

That's too bad - I guess you have to be getting zero Sprint signal to switch over to Verizon and their 3G
    02-17-10 09:10 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD