3: Sprint doesn't owe you jack ****. They're providing you a service, you pay them.

[/thread]
    why does everyone feel the need to go off the deep end here on #3?
    If seller advertises x for y... and buyers complete y to sellers terms, then seller owes buyer x. plain and simple. see U.S. Uniform Commercial Code-Article 2.

But thanks for the rest. #1 & #2 answers were on point. I appreciate it. i could not even get that from the CSR.
    Last edited by cvaria; 07-09-09 at 01:08 PM.
    07-09-09 01:05 PM
    why does everyone feel the need to go off the deep end here on #3?
    If seller advertises x for y... and buyers complete y to sellers terms, then seller owes buyer x. plain and simple. see U.S. Uniform Commercial Code-Article 2.
    Like I said in my earlier post, I don't think that anyone is saying that Sprint doesn't owe you the MIR after you've made the purchase and submitted the claim. What I think people are saying (or at least what I'm saying) is that you aren't owed the $100 before you make the purchase. This is in response to your question about why can't they just take off the $100 instantly at the time of purchase, and everyone is responding with "because they don't owe you that $100 (yet)".
    07-09-09 01:13 PM
    Like I said in my earlier post, I don't think that anyone is saying that Sprint doesn't owe you the MIR after you've made the purchase and submitted the claim...

It's cool.
    07-09-09 01:19 PM
    Not all places other than sprint, but Best buy in particular has been stellar at eliminating the MIR..

NOTE however that a $49.99 phone from sprint online, (where you must cash the $100 MIR) will often, tho not always, include free activation.. So in effect, to NOT have a MIR has cost you $38...(the activation fee at Best buy)..

Let me get this straight. If you buy from Best Buy or some place other than Sprint, you get the instant rebate plus the $100 MIR as an instant rebate as well?
    07-09-09 01:38 PM
    Not all places other than sprint, but Best buy in particular has been stellar at eliminating the MIR..

NOTE however that a $49.99 phone from sprint online, (where you must cash the $100 MIR) will often, tho not always, include free activation.. So in effect, to NOT have a MIR has cost you $38...(the activation fee at Best buy)..
    Hmm, nice point. So unless that $100 loses enough value over two months to be worth less than $62, you're spending more money at Best Buy?
    07-09-09 01:42 PM
    Given that you are working yourself into the frenzy of $100 over 8wks at 2% interest, i will send you the check for the $0.33

happy now?

Since you have the MBA framed, I'll assume you have a clear understanding of opportunity cost. $100 loaned to sprint for 6 to X weeks with no net gain may not be the most effective use of funds.
    07-09-09 01:50 PM
    Given that you are working yourself into the frenzy of $100 over 8wks at 2% interest, i will send you the check for the $0.33

happy now?
    yeah, send it.
    07-09-09 01:56 PM

happy now?
    lol, but what about the interest on that? you better spend $15 to overnight it, so it won't lose any value
    07-09-09 01:58 PM
    Personally I would rather have the MIR from Sprint, because you do a get a check, than some of the other companies that send you a debit card with the balance on it. But that's just me!
    07-09-09 02:01 PM
    Sprint does the MIR for two reasons.

1. So as to not compete with their resellers.

2. Most people don't take the time nor follow the proper procedures for the MIR. It's higher than the 40% stated in a previous post.
    07-09-09 02:06 PM
    Personally I would rather have the MIR from Sprint, because you do a get a check, than some of the other companies that send you a debit card with the balance on it. But that's just me!
    I'd rather have the cash free to waste on bb related stuff. what's all this talk of people pre-ordering at best buy?
    Last edited by cvaria; 07-09-09 at 02:10 PM.
    07-09-09 02:07 PM
    Sprint Nextel | Mail-in Rebates from Sprint

Done in 5mins just have to wait awhile
    07-09-09 04:20 PM
    I still don't understand why there is a MIR when buying directly from the company. If it made sense, to me, I would not of asked for clarification.

-

My B.S. in Finance and MBA (c/Finance) both have pretty nice frames too.

Again, thanks for helping.
    An MBA in finance and you can't understand why a company would do an MIR?

umm.... yeah fro education!
    07-09-09 05:01 PM
    An MBA in finance and you can't understand why a company would do an MIR?

umm.... yeah fro education!
    no, break it down fro us.
    07-09-09 07:22 PM

Where did you come up with that number? Everytime I've bought a phone at Best Buy I have been charged $18. I have paid $0. The most recent was taken off because I am a premier customer. The previous ones were taken off of my statement by making a simple phone call to customer service. Perhaps the $38 is strictly for NEW activations?
    07-09-09 08:03 PM
    #1 & #2 answers were on point. I appreciate it. i could not even get that from the CSR.
    That was straight of the back of a MIR form.

Where did you come up with that number? Everytime I've bought a phone at Best Buy I have been charged $18. I have paid $0. The most recent was taken off because I am a premier customer. The previous ones were taken off of my statement by making a simple phone call to customer service. Perhaps the $38 is strictly for NEW activations?
    I was wondering too. New activations are $36 for the first line, $25 for each new line after that.

Upgrades are $18.

Depending on your account, upgrades and additional new line activation fees are often waived.
    07-09-09 09:54 PM
    I get free activations on both my lines, and one of the curves was bought at best buy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 12:10 AM
    Your question has been answered many times over, you either don't understand or are not paying attention. They require a mail in rebate because logic says that for whatever reason not everyone that purchases the phone will send in the mir so they are getting 299 for the phone instead of 199 and anyway a company can get more money for an item they will take. It seems dumb but its actually a smart business move, same as its smart for best buy to offer the phone at the 199 price with no mir as it gives a reason to purchase the phone from them instead of directly from sprint and it puts money in their pockets.

Okay , let's diffuse this nonsense... It's not a rant. I needed questions answered (">>>"). I still don't understand why there is a MIR when buying directly from the company. If it made sense, to me, I would not of asked for clarification. .
    07-10-09 12:56 AM
    I hate to say it, but you probably have more chance of being struck by lightning, than having Sprint call you back. You better just get on the horn yourself.
    oddly the rep did call back yesterday, but i had already decided to wait and buy from best buy... she was not amused. Now i'm reading that Sprint customer retention is giving people the phone for 199 flat. hmm?
    07-13-09 07:20 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD