I am new to the forum and I have a Sprint BB 9630 and on my home screen is the message insert sim card. Sprint doesn't use a SIM and I would like to get rid of this message. Under the settings for mobile network i have the Sprint and home only selected along with 1xev.

Any suggestions?
    12-31-10 07:41 PM
    You have a Tour, which does have a SIM card slot, it is a World Phone with CDMA primary and GSM capability for overseas travel. The SIM Card slot is on the left side, with the battery cover off, perpendicular to the battery slot. It sounds like you purchased a device that someone unlocked and was using as a GSM phone.

I operated mine with the SIM card reversed and never got that message. I will look about and see if I can get an answer for you and maybe solve this annoyance.

Or maybe someone that has experienced this issue will post and we'll both learn something.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 12-31-10 at 10:23 PM.
    12-31-10 10:10 PM
    Thank you very much. I am using the phone with Ptel (they are MVO that using the sprint network). I just would like to get rid of that message at the top of the home screen
    12-31-10 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD