So my Helio contract is ending in 2 weeks and I need to get a new carrier. Helio was great but when they got bought by Virgin it went down the crapper, so they're out. Now, Helio used sprint's towers for it's main service and it worked great at my Apt. I am going to go with Sprint mainly for that reason (best service for were I live which is rural NH). I did have Verizon for a bit when I first moved here and service was spotty at best (2 years ago).

I have my own business and need a phone with e-mail/internet so I am dead set on a BB (best in the game). Here's the problem, I have heard tons about the Tour coming out on Verizon on the 13th but nothing about Sprint. Should I just get the Curve and not wait for the Tour? Is it the opinion of a lot of you guys that the Tour will not get launched on Sprint for a couple of months? I am a huge gadget person and need the newest of everything and would hate to get 2 Curves (I'm getting the family share plan for me and the Wife) just to have the Tour come out around the same time frame as Verizon. At one point I heard Sprint started testing before Verizon. Could this mean a release before the 13th for Sprint?

Sorry for the longish first post but any thought's would be greatly appreciated...
    06-15-09 01:44 PM
    06-15-09 01:48 PM
    Thnx... I read that thread and left more confused. lol. I saw the plan for the 3Q which I understand is June to Sept. But after that, I have not heard any new info like I had with all the Verizon stuff which leaves me suspicious of that time frame...
    06-15-09 01:54 PM
    Yeah, I hear ya. I thought I heard Sep-ish for Sprint as well. I'm with Verizon and having a difficult enough time waiting until mid-July!

But if you need a device for your business to hold you over, you could always buy a used Curve. I ended up doing the buy-one get-one, and purchased a couple of Storms. My wife kept hers, but I missed the keyboard, so sold mine and now patiently waiting...
    06-15-09 02:07 PM
    From what I have read I would doubt the Sprint Tour will come out within the next 1-3 months. They are putting too much fire power into the Pre for another launch. If you can hold on for another month or so you will have a better idea.
    06-15-09 02:11 PM
    the sprint tour is going to be more then likely after verizon.. noone has really stated any kind of solid date..

but I don't think it would be that much longer afterwords..

but under 2 months I would think would be pushing it..

if you want my opinion..

I would grab a couple phones off like craiglist or something not burn the subsidize prices and wait it out..
    06-15-09 02:38 PM
    Look on Craigslist (also Crazedlist for a larger search area) and get a used Curve to hold you for a few months. DO NOT buy a new Curve -- if you do you'll wish you hadn't.

Wait for the 9630 to arrive like the rest of us Sprinters.
    06-15-09 02:43 PM
    use to work at sprint tech support have friends still their in adv tech support from wha they tell me no new bb till september
    06-15-09 02:51 PM
    Is there a reason why (if I have to get a phone right now, which I do) I don't just get new curves for $49 each w/my new plan instead of buying used ones on Craig's List for around the same price(even higher)?

I would still have to paid full retail for the Tour whenever it comes out, plus I would have 2 "new" Curves instead of used ones. Right?
    06-15-09 03:38 PM
    THe tour will come to Sprint in a month or two after the tour comes out to Verizon.
    06-15-09 04:19 PM
    As far as I know the Tour has not been comfired by Sprint nor RIM for a sprint release. There have been speculations and rumors of a Sprint release. Im sure Sprint will release the tour as well. The speculation are a late Sept/oct release...
    06-15-09 04:37 PM
    Maybe us Sprint users will get thrown a bone and for waiting for the Tour a couple more months after Verizon we'll get the design that originally came out that had WiFi!!!!! I know it won't happen but it would be cool.
    Last edited by lnichols; 06-15-09 at 08:49 PM.
    06-15-09 07:05 PM
    Wait for the tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 07:50 PM
    Maybe us Sprint users will get thrown a bone and for waiting for the Tour a couple more months after Verizon we'll get the design that originally came out that had WiF!!!!! I know it won't happen but it would be cool.
    you know we Sprint users get the better BBs
    06-15-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD