I'm a Sprint customer who is still trying to get a Verizon door because I'm OCD and I want to finish putting my skins on my phone.

I've been calling the Verizon stores. Usually the Verizon rep will automatically say "we don't sell just the doors." Yesterday, a Verizon rep told me that Verizon doesn't ever sell any replacement batteries or doors, which might be the case. But another rep told me for sure that you can get online and order the replacement battery and battery door combo for $39.99.

I guess that's kind of steep, but that's not the problem. The problem is that I can't seem to find it online anywhere.

So... has anyone out there found the verizon door and battery for sale?
    08-04-09 07:38 AM
    08-04-09 07:39 AM
    ^^^ I think that's the Sprint door.
    08-04-09 07:40 AM
    ^^^ I think that's the Sprint door.
    After looking again, I believe you are right.
    08-04-09 07:41 AM
    dude just walk into a verizon store with your phone in your hand and go straight to the back and ask them if they have any extra battery doors because yours is loose... this is what i did..it took 3mins!
    08-04-09 07:44 AM
    I tried that once and they wouldn't deal with me because they saw it was a sprint phone. So that's why I'm calling now. I figure maybe they would know if they had any extra in the back or something before I drove in.
    08-04-09 07:48 AM
    I walked into a Verizon store the other day and asked for a door and the rep gave me one off a return that was being sent back. Took all of 3 minutes for me too.
    Last edited by grncherry1; 08-04-09 at 11:12 AM.
    08-04-09 11:05 AM
    HAHAHA goes to show what kind of people are working at the stores that they don't even verify it's a verizon phone lol.. Lucky for you guys
    08-04-09 11:09 AM
    i got denied at 2 Verizon stores for having a Sprint Tour

i just want the damn battery cover!!
    08-04-09 11:11 AM
    Is the only difference the rubberized sides on the vzw battery door? Or is the insert pattern different too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 12:26 PM
    Uh, dont pull your phone out when you ask for one. Its that simple.

Tell them you left it at home.
    08-04-09 12:28 PM
    My Verizon battery door fits perfectly and look awesome on my Sprint Tour
    08-04-09 12:49 PM
    Dudes.

So I'm th OP, and I read your posts. On my lunch break I drove to a Verizon store and asked if I could buy a new battery door. I left my Sprint phone in the car. I figured that I'm offering to buy a product from their store.

So the lady says 'I think we got a return yesterday,' goes into the back for a minute and hands me a battery door before rushing off to the next customer. I say, how much do I owew you? and she says don't worry about it.

I leave the store with a twinge of guilt, but you were right I got a new VZW battery door.

So... you weren't kidding guys! The vzw door is loose as ****! Sprint door doesn't match the phone but it was snug. I put a piece of electrical tape on it and it doesn't move any more, but there's a few mm gap in there, just like everyone said.

It's still better than it was.

Thanks for the advice homies.
    08-04-09 01:36 PM
    I bought one from ebay...then my friend gave me one so I have it listed in the Marketplace...Sad but true I have people pming me with offers of 4 dollars...when I paid $20..
    08-08-09 12:45 AM
    I'm a Sprint customer who is still trying to get a Verizon door because I'm OCD and I want to finish putting my skins on my phone.

I've been calling the Verizon stores. Usually the Verizon rep will automatically say "we don't sell just the doors." Yesterday, a Verizon rep told me that Verizon doesn't ever sell any replacement batteries or doors, which might be the case. But another rep told me for sure that you can get online and order the replacement battery and battery door combo for $39.99.

I guess that's kind of steep, but that's not the problem. The problem is that I can't seem to find it online anywhere.

So... has anyone out there found the verizon door and battery for sale?

I bought the Verizon door for $15 off of ebay today. It says 20 but it auto accepted my best offer of 15. Search for it on ebay. Should be the first result.
    08-08-09 02:03 AM
    BVR -- I have an extra Sprint or Verizon door, battery, etc...I can hook you up with. If you don't see it up yet, let me know and I'll add it! Follow link:

eBay Seller: buyin online: Cell Phones PDAs, Computers Networking items on eBay.com
    Last edited by phonehome; 09-12-09 at 10:18 PM.
    09-12-09 10:15 PM
    Just recieved my verizon door from ebay for $11 (best offer submited). Came new in the package but it still moves around. Still looks better than the sprint door. I can post a link later. Lots of them on ebay look like the sprint door and was worried thats what i would get, but it's the verizon door.
    09-14-09 05:23 PM
    I have a Sprint Tour and the battery cover moves just a bit but not really anywhere near annoying and my friend has a Verizon Tour as the battery cover moves quite a bit.. we swapped covers just to see what the outcome would be and his Verizon Tour with the Sprint Cover still moved just as much as with the original Verizon Tour cover... so I'm pretty sure it's not the cover itself but more so the phone.
    09-14-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD