Hey everyone,

Like most Sprint customers, I am still waiting on my Tour. My problem is that after speaking with a representative about the status on my order, I was informed that I would have to have my plan changed in order to activate the phone. I've had a WE and 8330 on the same plan for the past couple of years. I am on an old Free & Clear 3000 3rd Party Employee Plan that works fine. Has anyone ever heard or been told that they may have to change their rate plan in order to activate the Tour?
    Last edited by ggarmo; 07-15-09 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Sorry, don't know if this should go here or Sprint forum
    07-15-09 06:42 PM
    see if they can just add the 30 dollars extra blackberry pro pack on to your plan. BTW I noticed u already have a blackberry when u call in to activate it its most likely just going to be ESN swap so it may not prompt them to change ur plan try to switch the ESN through Sprint.com 1st and see if it goes through.
    Last edited by mizzsprint; 07-15-09 at 07:33 PM.
    07-15-09 07:31 PM
    What exactly is included in free and clear? Is it a SERO plan? because sprint also doesnt allow them for the Pre
    Last edited by proof2006; 07-15-09 at 07:48 PM.
    07-15-09 07:42 PM
    You do not have to change your plan, call back and speak with someone else.

There is no difference in the way that Blackberry handles data and voice from your current one.

Whoever told you that is full of it, I'm on the same plan and had no problem ordering mine.
    07-15-09 07:51 PM
    I have the same plan as the OP. You just need to talk to the right CSR. They tried to get me to change my plan for the Instinct and i talked to someone else and they changed my phone no problem.

Also, I work for a radioshack and was concerned about a blackerry being different to activate so i tried to activate one in the system at our store on my account and it let me activate it no problem. Hope this helps
    07-15-09 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD