I have a question regarding Sprints version of the BB tour... Currently I live in Italy, and ordered this phone due to it being both CDMA and GSM (seeing as I am going to move back to the states in a few years, I would use it for Sprint later).

Even though this phone is unlocked for GSM use, every time I dial out the country code always sets to +1 (I need it to dial +39 for it to work for my Italian SIM card plan.) Even when I add the country code in front of the number I am dialing/texting, it still changes to +1. I have a promotion I am paying for to get free calls/texts, but this is making me pay for everything I do on this phone. I tried contacting Sprint about this issue on the phone, but they said I am on my own unless I am on their network, which there would be NO point since my account is currently frozen due to being overseas, and I wont want to switch to the international data and spend $70 a month for JUST data (I can get BIS for less than $3 a week from the SIM company I am on).

I was wondering, is there any way I can manually change the country code and set it to automatically send out as +39, or at least disable it so I can use the phone by adding the CC to the numbers and not get charged?
    One representative told me to send the phone back.. get it activated on the sprint network, then ship it back here.. but honestly I see NO point of doing that, since I will not even be using their network while i am here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    01-22-10 05:26 PM
    Options--> Phone Options--> Smart Dialing. Adjust the settings on the top section. This should work.
    01-22-10 09:58 PM
    I tried looking for that option, and I do not see that listed on my phone. I updated my software to 4.7 just now, and it still isn't there. How do I get access to it?
    01-23-10 04:16 AM
    This might seem silly... But when you're adding the county code are you typing "39" or "+39". I only ask because when I add the + it overrides my smart dialing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 05:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD