So i got the tour a few weeks ago and like many of you noticed a step down in signal over the curve..

i called in a week or two later since i started dropping calls like crazy at my home (where i work out of ) they sent me another brand new tour.. same thing..

so i called in today and they transferred me to a BB tech who says the curve has a better radio and higher signal strength than the tour.. i asked him why rim would make a lower quality phone and of course he had no answer.. soo i hung up on him and called retentions...

retentions said they are aware of the issue and are working on a software update to fix the issue and for the time being will send me an Airave with the price of the unit and also the monthly fee waived for 2 years....

i was in La Jolla, CA this weekend and the phone was pretty useless

sooo the answer is get an airave for now.. pretty lame
    08-10-09 08:10 PM
    Sprint promised me a free Airave a couple of weeks ago. When it did not arrive as promised I called to find out that the Airave is out of stock until mid September. The tech also said it would not work with the Tour anyway but a new model is coming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 08:23 PM
    Sprint promised me a free Airave a couple of weeks ago. When it did not arrive as promised I called to find out that the Airave is out of stock until mid September. The tech also said it would not work with the Tour anyway but a new model is coming.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ya he said they are under high demand and it till take 2-3 weeks to get..

i dont see why it wouldnt work.. i did read that about Dan Hesse saying the new unit will have higher speed data etc
    08-10-09 08:25 PM
    I believe the op because I'm in the sf bay area and while I get reception it's not as good as the curve. It keeps jumping. Then I went to LA over the weekend and oh boy my tour was always roaming or no bars. My battery would die fast. I really hope Sprint is working on this for a software update in the near future.
    08-10-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD