Hello everyone, New to Crackberry. Can someone please help me.. I was given a brand new Tour 9630 (sprint device) from a friend at R.I.M. When I tried to swap over from nextel, I currently have the 8350i, They told me that the IMEI# or the ESN #? was not in their database and the phone could not be provisioned. I was told that someone from sprint, like an engineer would half to put this in for me to get it up and running. Its a new device made for sprint, however its directly from Blackberry to me. I complained to Sprint that I was ending my account after the hours of passing me around to someone else. Then and only then they pulled a ticket for me and said they are addressing this issue, I hope! in the mean time, any other thoughts or suggestions or help would be great.. Thank you!!!!
    email..
    [email protected]
    please help
    05-05-10 06:32 AM
    Have you mentioned this problem to your friend at RIM? What did he/she say?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 06:52 AM
    I thought only the big V pulled **** like limiting esns
    Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 07:03 AM
    In Chicago Sprint has these super centers where they can handle just about any issue and this seems like one they could handle .. If you live near a big City I suggest taking it into Sprint Store and let them handle it

Good Luck
    05-05-10 07:51 AM
    Yes I live In Fort Lauderdale Fl. And went to a major sprint store. They cant do it from there, they told me I had to call sprint directly.Seems once your a customer they really dont go out of there way for you.. Does anybody have a number for sprint where I can get direct help with this tech issues so I can get through all the lower data entry people there. Thanks...
    G
    05-05-10 10:48 AM
    Maybe the IMEI# or the ESN # really aren't in the Sprint system. Have you considered that?

Thats why I suggested you contact the person you got the phone from, and find out exactly what the status of the phone is.

Since the person is with RIM, they should (hopefully) be in a position to tell you.
    05-05-10 10:54 AM
    Maybe the IMEI# or the ESN # really aren't in the Sprint system. Have you considered that?

Thats why I suggested you contact the person you got the phone from, and find out exactly what the status of the phone is.

Since the person is with RIM, they should (hopefully) be in a position to tell you.
    Unless of course the person from R.I.M wasn't "authorized" to just provide someone with a phone.
    05-05-10 10:58 AM
    Sounds like an "unauthorized" device.
    05-05-10 11:29 AM
    Unless of course the person from R.I.M wasn't "authorized" to just provide someone with a phone.
    Exactly what I was thinking..........just didn't want to say it!
    05-05-10 12:03 PM
    There is a very small possibility that it's ESN was missed. About 2 years ago, my wife and I bought Sprint 8130's. Hers activated on the spot, and everything started working. Mine on the other hand gave the girl so many problems. We hacked it up and got it to make calls, but the data services never came online. The next day, we swapped it out, and that one came on almost instantly like my wifes did the day before.

In this case, even though it's branded to Sprint, it sounds like it was never released to Sprint (RIM doesn't sell direct to consumer), and therefore isn't in the MEID database. IE: Unauthorized device.
    05-05-10 12:10 PM
    Perhaps a Sprint rep/technician in the Sprint forum on CB could help. Just a suggestion. Good luck.
    05-05-10 12:37 PM
    The phone # is 1800 PIN DROP.... you choose home or cellular
    05-06-10 06:48 PM
    I have activated at least 10 new Tours at work (I'm not a Sprint rep but I'm the mobile phone guy were I work!), out those 7 didn't have their ESN's listed or "registered" due to the fact that Sprint's database wasn't updated as new phones came off the production line.

If the PIN number is blacklisted at RIM and the ESN is good Sprint can activate them but you won't get BB data provisioning and the phone will work, SMS will work but no access to the RIM data network. (Had one of these, it was a mess!)

If the ESN is blacklisted, you won't get nothing and Sprint will tell you that the device is on the blocked list (or reported stolen).

What you have here is that the ESN simply isn't listed in Sprint's system, which happens to new devices hot off the assemply line or Sprint branded phones that weren't routed though retail sales (such as promotional phones). This can also happen if say the Tour is branded for Verizon but some kind person put a Sprint housing on it.

Get the right CS rep on the phone (Sprint store will do you no good) and they should be able to get your ESN registered. I had a 3 Sprint Tours that was given to my company during a horse and pony show which the devices had came directly from RIM but they were hot off the production line, I had a terrible time getting them activated as they came off the assembly line in December and they were given to me in December.
    05-06-10 11:12 PM
    eBoyDog -- great post. Instead of speculation, you provided excellent guidance. I never would have known this and you may have saved me hours dealing with Sprint in the future.
    05-07-10 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD