I purchased the Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630 (without camera) the other day. When I went to plug it into my computer yesterday to back up my info, etc. it prompted me to upgrade to 5.0.0.484 from 4.7 (I believe.)

Question - after I upgraded, the lock device feature went away. I usually use the left convenience key to lock it. However, the icon is no longer there and I no longer have the option available in the keyboard/screen section. PLEASE HELP! I need to be able to lock my device!

Thank you everyone! I figured this would be the best place to go before calling Sprint and wasting time.
    02-21-10 07:05 AM
    In the keyboard/screen option, you have to use "password lock". it works just the same. set it to any of the 2 convenience keys.
    02-21-10 07:58 AM
    hey hitnar! the only option that I have related to that is password keeper!
    02-21-10 08:01 AM
    On your phone, do you have a password lock icon? Its just the regular lock ICON. Make sure its not hidden..
    Last edited by hitnar; 02-21-10 at 08:19 AM.
    02-21-10 08:11 AM
    Their is a lock button on the top of the tour that will do the say thing you are trying to do with the side keys. It locks the keyboard which is what you want to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ultrarunner; 02-21-10 at 08:23 AM.
    02-21-10 08:21 AM
    hitnar, I do not have the password lock icon. (I searched high and low, and in folders....and no its not hidden ;-) - it completely disappeared after I upgraded with DM.

Ultrarunner - Thanks for the reminder! However, I still cannot password lock the device and I absolutely need this feature. I can use the button on the top of the phone, its just more convenient (how ironic, eh?) for me to use convenience keys.

*just an fyi, I am not new to blackberry, lol - I just wanted to throw that out there. Thats why I am so perplexed by this issue.*
    02-21-10 08:52 AM
    *QUICK UPDATE*

Somehow, someway....I was able to establish a password which allowed the icon to come back and allow myself to assign a convenience key to password lock the phone.

This seems to be the only options at this point with the latest OS. I am still really happy with this phone though =) It's the best blackberry I've had thus far
    02-21-10 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD