I'm just about at the end of my 30 day initial period and deciding if I have an issue or not.. 2 or 3 times now, I've noticed my phone really heats up a lot for no apparent reason.

The first time I noticed it, I was also getting a lot of lag, with the little clock symbol running while trying to read e-mail. i eventually did a reset using Alt + Del + Shift, and it seemed to clear itself. The other times, i just noticed the phone getting very warm to the touch in my pocket, then cooling off.

Has anyone else expierienced this? Not sure if it something to worry about or not.

Thanks
    08-27-09 10:53 AM
    my phone gets somewhat warm after using it for a while..

if yours is getting warm/hot while in the pocket without you using it..you may want to return it and get a new one...

let us know what happens...

btw, my friend's tour gets hot after 30mins of talking or web browsing...i dont know if that is normal...
    08-27-09 11:01 AM
    I have noticed that if you use the phone for streaming like Moodio.fm or Pandora, it can get real hot. But it cools down after a while, especially if you get off the streaming app. I am not one to return my phone for every little problem, so I've been through the short battery life, frozen trackball, hot phone, and I am still going strong! Battery life improved over time, got the frozen trackball moving again by pressing hard on the trackball and accompanying buttons until I heard a popping sound (no I didn't break it), and the quickly discovered when the phone gets hot it quickly gets cool again. So, the Tour works just fine for me. Sure, I wish the phone that I spent my hard-earned money on worked better from the start, but in the end, figuring out the problem with the help of the Crackberry community sure beats spending all my time wiping my phone and backing up and resetting all my favorite features. Screw that. I don't get these people that are on their 4th or 5th Tour. As long as I can get it to work, I am OK, because the hassle isn't worth it, in my opinion.
    08-27-09 11:15 AM
    Computers have fans which cool a unit down for a reason! A BlackBerry is just a small computer, with no fan. So it is going to get hot from time to time. It gets warm when you're using it a lot and when it is charging. Take it back if it is hot all the time, there's probably an issue with your battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 11:18 AM
    My Tour does that also, and it means the phone is doing work you are not aware of and draining the battery. I usually do a battery pull. Over the last month I had to pull the battery about 5 times.

I have had similiar issues on an LG 8300 and LG ENV, this is not unique to BB. On my former LGs, a battery pull was needed at times when I noticed the back was getting warm for no seeming good reason.
    08-27-09 03:51 PM
    Tour temp issues are nothing compared to the iPhone after 3.0
    08-27-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD