Hi, I just got my first BB like two months ago. i used to use a LG voyager which i loved but i needed a BB for School/Work.

On my voyager and all my other phones when i hit one number on my keypad the speed dial contact would pop up.

when i push a number/letter on the Tour it pops up all my contacts with whichever had that letter in there name.

so for expample I wanted 2/e to be my gf speed dial but when i push 2/e it comes up with 2 and every contact that starts with E.

what i wanted to know is if i can change it to when i push 2/e it will come up as the contact for my gf.

i know i set it as the speed dial and it will call her when i hold down the 2/e key. but i wanted to see the contact without calling her. is there a way to do this?
    12-07-09 10:03 AM
    when you select the contact, just press the Menu Key and select Add Speed Dial, then it will let you assign a letter to it. Press and hold the letter, to dial from homescreen.
    12-07-09 11:15 AM
    First thing I recommend is turning off dial from home screen in phone options. Once you do this, you can use many home screen shortcuts like M for messages and B for browser. Then, press and hold any letter and it will ask you if you want to assign a speed dial number to that key. So, press and hold 2/e and it should ask if you want to assign. Pick your gf's number and to dial, just press and hold that key.
    12-07-09 11:26 AM
    For my speed dials I just held down the key then it asked me if I wanted to assign..
    12-07-09 11:28 AM
    For my speed dials I just held down the key then it asked me if I wanted to assign..
    +1

10 char
    12-08-09 07:04 AM
    Hi, I just got my first BB like two months ago. i used to use a LG voyager which i loved but i needed a BB for School/Work.

On my voyager and all my other phones when i hit one number on my keypad the speed dial contact would pop up.

when i push a number/letter on the Tour it pops up all my contacts with whichever had that letter in there name.

so for expample I wanted 2/e to be my gf speed dial but when i push 2/e it comes up with 2 and every contact that starts with E.

what i wanted to know is if i can change it to when i push 2/e it will come up as the contact for my gf.

i know i set it as the speed dial and it will call her when i hold down the 2/e key. but i wanted to see the contact without calling her. is there a way to do this?
    To put it simply... no.

Sorry

I can see why you would want the contact to pop up (maybe to send a message instead of placing a call, or even to edit the contact) but this is not possible on your BlackBerry (at least not without a third-party app). You'll just have to go to your contacts and type her name.

P.S. I like how everyone else seemed to have either missed or just ignored the part where you clearly stated:

"i know (...) it will call her when i hold down the 2/e key. but i wanted to see the contact without calling her."

12-08-09 07:35 AM
    To put it simply... no.

Sorry

I can see why you would want the contact to pop up (maybe to send a message instead of placing a call, or even to edit the contact) but this is not possible on your BlackBerry (at least not without a third-party app). You'll just have to go to your contacts and type her name.

P.S. I like how everyone else seemed to have either missed or just ignored the part where you clearly stated:

"i know (...) it will call her when i hold down the 2/e key. but i wanted to see the contact without calling her."

Yup I missed it. Good thing you're here.
    12-08-09 09:48 AM
    Yep, missed the question. I'm thinking that maybe turning on Dial from Home Screen in phone options is what you want? Press a key, brings up the contact but doesn't dial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-09 08:46 PM
    Thanks jkcb as i was reading all those replys i was like, maybe i wasn't clear enough. but thanks everyone for trying. do anyone know of an app that allows me to do that???
    12-10-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD