Was surprised after getting my new TOUR to find the following during my setup and personalization:

1- they LOCKED the A button to "lock system"
    2- they LOCKED the W button to "voice mail"
    3- they LOCKED the Q button to "Vibrate only"

LASTLY:

The have seemed to LOCK the Memory Cleaner in the ENABLED position.

Any one else find these 'undocumented features' and a way to disable them?
    08-03-09 10:42 PM
    I would love to get my A & Q, back "W" is fine being voicemail.
    08-04-09 12:18 PM
    Someone else posted a solution for this in a different Tips & Tricks thread.

In View Speed Dial List, if you press the MENU button on A, Q, or W you are correct that they have limited your options. (Delete, Move, Edit, etc, are all gone.)

However, with any of these highlighted, just press the enter button and your Contact list appears.
    According to the other poster, you can select a Contact and it will in fact replace the "locked" Speed Dial key.

Please note that I have not tried myself as I haven't needed to change these keys. So don't shoot the messenger if it doesn't work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 12:38 PM

My Memory Cleaner is NOT locked to Enabled. I just checked and it's Disabled right now.
    Options > Security Options > Memory Cleaner

Is that where you were looking?

08-04-09 12:42 PM
    Was surprised after getting my new TOUR to find the following during my setup and personalization:

1- they LOCKED the A button to "lock system"
    2- they LOCKED the W button to "voice mail"
    3- they LOCKED the Q button to "Vibrate only"

LASTLY:

OMG....It works. I was highly upset to lose my "A" speed dial. My brother Anthony is back where he belongs. Thanks!!!
    08-04-09 12:49 PM
    Great to hear! Thanks for confirming it worked.

08-04-09 01:35 PM
    Someone else posted a solution for this in a different Tips & Tricks thread.

In View Speed Dial List, if you press the MENU button on A, Q, or W you are correct that they have limited your options. (Delete, Move, Edit, etc, are all gone.)

However, with any of these highlighted, just press the enter button and your Contact list appears.
    According to the other poster, you can select a Contact and it will in fact replace the "locked" Speed Dial key.

Please note that I have not tried myself as I haven't needed to change these keys. So don't shoot the messenger if it doesn't work!

This is fantastic! I could care less about Q and A but the W key is #1 and I always have my Hubby as #1 on speed dial so I was having a real hard time getting used to the tour's speed dial keys and called voicemail way more times than I care to mention by mistake. Thanks for the fix, now all my speed dial keys are back where I like them!
    08-04-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD