how do i change the default keys ( a,q,w) in the speed dial list? i want my own numbers there.
    11-01-09 09:30 AM
    If there's a way to do that, I haven't found it. I used the A key on my 8830. I don't need it assigned to "Lock System" on my 9630. I'd be delighted for somebody smarter to show me how to program it on the 9630.
    11-01-09 10:17 AM
    In the phone app, press MENU > VIEW SPEED DIAL LIST. Select a slot, press MENU > NEW SPEED DIAL, than choose your contact and number. If there is already a number in that slot, highlight it, press MENU, then choose: EDIT, MOVE, or DELETE.
    11-01-09 07:47 PM
    In the phone app, press MENU > VIEW SPEED DIAL LIST. Select a slot, press MENU > NEW SPEED DIAL, than choose your contact and number. If there is already a number in that slot, highlight it, press MENU, then choose: EDIT, MOVE, or DELETE.
    That's only temporary. When you restart the device, it'll reset to the default.
    11-01-09 07:52 PM
    That's the correct generic solution, but when I press EDIT with the A slot selected, I don't get the choice to EDIT, MOVE, or DELETE. Instead the choices are:
    Capture It
    Help
    Lock System
    Switch Application
    Close

I can't see your device because I'm on wap. Do you have a 9630?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 07:53 PM
    ...when I press EDIT with the A slot selected, I don't get the choice to EDIT, MOVE, or DELETE.
    Wow!, you're right! The original OS allowed me to edit the default settings; however, they reverted after reset.
    11-01-09 08:22 PM
    OK, sorry. I didn't know about the reset to default, thanks for sharing. I don't know about the A & Q, but I changed my W to a different number. Press PHONE, MENU, OPTIONS, VM. Delete your number and add another. Press MENU, SAVE. I did that and just did another hard pull, and the new number dials out when you press and hold W from the home screen. It still says VOICEMAIL on the screen, but it dials the new number.
    11-01-09 09:24 PM
    Any update on this issue?
    I cannot permanently assign A or W which is a PITA since I have used those keys for the last 6 years
    02-17-10 12:10 PM
    I would like to know the answer to this as well. I wish I could switch my Voicemail speed dial to the V button rather than the W.
    02-17-10 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD