So today I spilled a little soup on my tour. It was just a few drops that came off the jar lid. It covered the M, $, K, L keys. I very, very carefully tried to soak it up from the tops of the keys and I *think/hope* I got it all. If I was not as successful as I think, when would I start seeing the effects of this? As it is almost Thanksgiving, if it's going to start cracking out I would like to deal with it before the holidays. I have insurance so a new Tour will not be an issue, but I prefer to keep this and avoid trying to deal with my electronic checkbook, apps, and changing my PIN for the millionth time. I didn't know if anyone in the Crackberry world had any idea how long it would take for issue to arise, so if anyone does let me know Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 01:51 PM
    You'll know when it starts going crackers!

11-24-09 01:58 PM
    I think you notice almost right away if the keys don't respond or feel sticky. Oh and in word of the soup nazi "no soup for you!".

11-24-09 02:04 PM
    I think you notice almost right away if the keys don't respond or feel sticky. Oh and in word of the soup nazi "no soup for you!".

Take out the battery and use a toothbrush with the evaporating hand sanitizer to clean it out, use only a small amount.
    11-25-09 11:31 AM
    I did the same thing about 2 months ago and have no current issues
    11-25-09 01:43 PM
    Take out the battery and use a toothbrush with the evaporating hand sanitizer to clean it out, use only a small amount.
    Just use alcohol. Most hand sanitizer has hand moisturizer in it as well.

I wouldn't worry yourself about it. What you described is not going to damage the Hardware. It's probably just sitting inside the keyboard assembly. You'll know if you have any trouble with the keys.
    11-25-09 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD