When I get a text or bbm message at times, even when it is just one message coming in, the sound only plays only a split second of the notification. I have tried changing it to different sound options, but it does the same thing.. My guess is an os issue, but does anyone have info on this?
    10-04-09 06:59 PM
    no info on this but both mine and my gf tours do this. its gotta be a bug in the OS
    10-04-09 07:00 PM
    my does it from time to time too. it has to be a software bug. i think i've read about other tour users have this issue also
    10-04-09 07:28 PM
    Same here, it happened to me about 2-4 times. Now it doesn't cut off no more.
    10-04-09 10:39 PM
    Mine does this periodically as well.

I'm sure it's an OS issue that will (hopefully) be addressed in the next update.
    10-05-09 11:33 AM
    Mine does this periodically as well.

I'm sure it's an OS issue that will (hopefully) be addressed in the next update.
    I have this issue too. It happens so intermittently that it really doesn't bother me much. But I am also positive it is an OS issue, as the OS is responsible for much (if not all) of the sound glitches the Tour suffers from. I just hope VZW releases an updated OS before I die of old age. I'm not bothering to install the Asian version of .53, because I know that it won't fix another particular glitch I was having.

I wonder though...when AT&T last released software for the Bold, they released a version that almost no none had even heard about, or leaked. Everyone was running .266 or .282 (4.6 OS) which were the latest ones officially, and here comes AT&T with .297. So were were all saying WTF??? I'm HOPING Verizon has something similar in the works here, and is planning to release a version that's not yet known.
    10-05-09 11:47 AM
    I think its a 4.7 issue.. My Tour does it on occasion.. but my Storm(s) used to do it as well.. only seemed to do it when I used sound files off of my MicroSD for notifications.. could be linked.. but its hard tellin.
    10-05-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD