Ok and after a battery pull if i play any mms, it does the same thing! RIDICULOUS. BATTERY PULL DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

Calling verizon now.
    Delete the MMS then do a battery pull, or alt+right shift+del works every time for me.
    04-13-10 06:44 PM
    This is THE craziest quirk I've EVER heard of! I'm a happily married mom of three, and mine kept playing "ACDC You Shook me all night long" . Not that I don't like the song BUT That's just plain embarrassing! It would play after I hung up from a call, after a text came in or after my emails would come thru. I did the battery pull after reading this online post. I'm hoping this issue gets fixed soon. I searched all over my phone settings and all of my sounds and didn't even have this sound saved ANYWHERE on my phone. It came as an attachment to a MMS forward that even after I DELETED it - the song kept playing. CRAZY! I was wondering if it was a virus or if my phone had been "haunted" LOL! Glad to know it's not just me :-)
    04-15-10 07:18 AM
    Your all going to continue to have this problem until either vzw updates the OS or you change to a different OS or quit receiving messages with sound attachments.
    04-15-10 08:58 AM
    Looks to me Verizon is hosing everyone that has that OS. Arent you glad you pay extra for this type of stuff.
    04-15-10 03:51 PM
    I had same prob. Battery pull worked for a day. Then back to playing sound from last mms after every notificaton sound. I downgraded from 5.0 back to 4.7 and all is well.
    04-15-10 04:54 PM
    Had the same issue on a 2 month old Tour. Had just sent a ringtone to the phone. Phone would operate on normal ring profile, but would play new, unassigned ringtone after any message was received, or on hanging up a call. Deleting the offending ringtone did nothing. A soft boot seemed to have fixed it. Then I hung up my first call, and the assigned ring tone began to play, consistently. Battery pull seems to have fixed it.
    04-18-10 03:04 PM
    Had the same issue on a 2 month old Tour. Had just sent a ringtone to the phone. Phone would operate on normal ring profile, but would play new ringtone after any message was received, or on hanging up a call. Deleting the offending ringtone did nothing. A soft boot seemed to have fixed it. Then I hung up my first call, and the assigned ring tone began to play on hanging up. Battery pull seems to have fixed it.
    04-18-10 03:08 PM
    Glad Im not the only 1 hear with this annoy problem
    04-18-10 08:19 PM
    Yea the same thing started happening to me about 3 days ago... The song that started playing out of nowhere was the halloween theme song... Aka michael mayers...I did a battery pull and it stopped but just today that song started playing again... Does anyone know why random songs start playing... I think it has to do with the new 5.0 OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 02:33 AM
    Yea the same thing started happening to me about 3 days ago... The song that started playing out of nowhere was the halloween theme song... Aka michael mayers...I did a battery pull and it stopped but just today that song started playing again... Does anyone know why random songs start playing... I think it has to do with the new 5.0 OS

MMS/Sounds Issue
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/so...new-os-447431/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/he...roblem-450339/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/we...r-call-448517/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/fi...laying-450188/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ra...-notes-447769/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/im...ssages-449615/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/go...ording-449301/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=447088
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/he...-music-453563/

04-19-10 02:35 AM
    I am having this problem as well. After I receive a sms, different classical pieces start playing. These are not files I have put on my phone or received in a message. I am still running 4.7 so I'm not sure that it is due to the upgrade.
    04-19-10 07:48 AM
    It happens to me too but I know why it happens to me. I leave my music player on pause so I can get in the car and begin streaming music without fumbling with my BB. When I end a call, the music player unpauses. This is shoddy programming. It should only resume the music player if it were playing before the call was initiated (or before an incoming call was received). It's just another reason why I've become a RIM critic. This is absolutely BS.
    04-19-10 08:55 AM
    Mine plays the last MMS sounds that has been sent to me also. I even installed a hybrid .607 on mine and it is still doing it. Very annoying.
    04-19-10 09:46 AM
    same thing happened to me after the OS update on Verizon. My girlfriend sent me an MMS message so that i could save a ringtone, and every time i hung up a phone call the ringtone played, even though my phone was on silent. I thought I was crazy at first.

A battery pull solved the problem, but still, what a ridiculous thing to overlook.
    04-19-10 03:59 PM
    The same thing with mine. The battery pull seemed to work for right now. Just to add my story, my cousin sent me a text with a "childrens song" from the wiggles but is totally inappropriate to anyone old enough to know about the STD 'the clap'. It didn't start until a day after I got the text when I was sitting in the station (I work for law enforcement) and all of a sudden my phone started singing "I've got the clap and I'm giving it to you, I've got the clap and I'm giving it to you. Who's got the clap? I do I do!" And it proceeds in this fashion for approximately 30 seconds with a woman singing in the middle of the song "wow this clap sure sounds like fun, wish I could have the clap!" No matter what you do you can't get it to shut off until it is completely done with the song! It was horrible and embarrassing! They need to fix this soon!!
    04-19-10 09:39 PM
    i'm sorry you keep getting the clap. Contrary to what your BlackBerry says, the clap doesn't sound fun at all. i'll go google it now.

04-19-10 09:41 PM
    Hope they fix this soon. It just happened to me again and then right afterwards and I didn't even make a call, it just played for no reason! Kind of getting annoying.

04-19-10 09:49 PM
    Same issue was happening to my wife on her Tour, some random song that she doesn't even have on her phone. She first thought her Slacker or Pandora was running but wasn't. It happened a few times and I didn't really believe her until it happened while I was there. A battery pull fixed it and it hasn't happened again since, has been a week or so.
    04-19-10 10:52 PM
    Mine was playing a stupid clap song after every new SMS, MMS, and BBM. Even after phone calls. I had to reset my BB for it to quit. I did it intentionally this time so I know how it happens.
    When you get an MMS with audio in it, if you press the BB button there is a choice called "save as ringtone". If you select that then there is no way that I have found to get rid of it and it plays all the time. I am trying a battery pull right now.
    04-23-10 03:18 PM
    Same thing is happening to me. When I get a MMS with audio in it, it will play until I pull the battery. It will even play when you close out your camera or any other sms or bbm or any other messenger program. I talked to Verizon and they are aware of the problem but have no fix as of yet. I love the new platform but this sucks.
    04-23-10 03:47 PM
    Now it's happening to me after I receive texts. A big pain in the ****!
    04-23-10 09:22 PM
    lmao!! That is tooo funny I'd do a hard reset or delete the music
    04-23-10 09:24 PM
    mine started today, after a call ended.... this song ( titty's and beer) started playing. my wife , was like is that your ring tone ? LOL , but I was like no I just hung up the phone. call me and I will show u..
    04-23-10 10:13 PM
    Glad it isnt just me.....misery loves comapany as they say.
    04-24-10 05:40 PM
    This happened to me, too! On 4/20 I received a text that was playing Bombudd II (go look it up) and after I opened the message I deleted it... I didn't save it in my phone or anything. The next day after I hung up from a call it started playing, then after I would get a text it would start. Even after I put my phone on silent it still went off and there was no way for me to stop it until it was done playing! At first I thought it was funny, then I was freaking out because what if my phone went off during church... with that song! Omg. Then I finally had enough brains to do a battery pull. Then it started playing again just now! Another battery pull, I guess... This is so annoying!
    04-24-10 05:51 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD