Every few minutes what sounds like a ring tone song (that I've never heard before ) starts playing. I've cleared all emails, voicemails, and text messages, placed the phone on "Silent" and turned off all ringtones, but it keeps happening. What is causing this and what should I do?
    05-16-10 04:22 PM
    The bottom line is that if you are running VZW OS 5.0.0.591, and your problem usually happens after ending a call, then it is your OS causing the problem and you have 3 choices:

1) Deal with it until VZW releases a decent 5.0

2) Downgrade to 4.7

3) Install a better 5.0, like 419, .484 or a hybrid/leak

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 04:51 PM
    Get thee onto OS 5.0.0.419 or .643 (I've personally used these and they're good) or .484 (I've never used it but lots of people seem to like it). Here's how:

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall all the OS's on the computer. Open desktop manager and make a backup of your bb (this won't back up your 3rd party apps, use BBSAK for that, plug that into the forum search if you're not familiar with it).

Download and install the OS you want to downgrade (or upgrade) to. After making your backups, go to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and delete "vendor.xml" if the file you downloaded is for a different carrier than the one you're on. After making sure you have backed up your phone as mentioned above, I recommend wiping the phone (using jl_cmder, BBSAK, etc), prior to installing the new OS . In the same folder mentioned earlier, click "loader.exe".

When that finishes, your new OS should be loaded. You will have to restore your backups using DM and BBSAK manually if you wiped prior to installing the OS as recommended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD