guys, on top of tour, if you put the phone vertically and look at the top, I noticed there's barely noticeable white "lock" sign on the left and "phone" sign on the right. What are these?

also, I notices that there is no "talk" holes...you know when you're on the phone there's earholes for listening and talk holes for talking and i do not see the talk holes, how does this work?
    07-19-09 02:23 PM
    Top Left: Lock
    Top Right: Mute and Standby

Bottom Left: Mic
    07-19-09 02:25 PM
    talk hole is on bottom of phone........
    07-19-09 02:26 PM
    there buttons

it may be confusing by design but thats what they are
    07-19-09 02:33 PM
    Top Left: Lock
    Top Right: Mute and Standby

Bottom Left: Mic
    cool, thanks...LOL, no i was serious! I've never used these functions. what is stand by mode?

that's an odd place for mic...one hole on the bottom.
    07-19-09 03:13 PM
    there buttons

it may be confusing by design but thats what they are
    Yeah, that's kinda cool how its all one piece but they act as buttons...stolen idea from storm key pad, lol?
    07-19-09 03:14 PM
    cool, thanks...LOL, no i was serious! I've never used these functions. what is stand by mode?

that's an odd place for mic...one hole on the bottom.
    the 83xx also has the mic on the bottom.
    07-19-09 03:17 PM
    Yeah, that's kinda cool how its all one piece but they act as buttons...stolen idea from storm key pad, lol?
    That's a common design element in many electronics. I'm not sure which device first used it - but I've seen it a lot, particularly in MP3 players. It's neat - I would have preferred if they were touch sensitive like my LG LCD.
    07-19-09 04:17 PM
    pretty soon there will be no holes and it will pick up the vibrations coming from the sound of ur voice.... isnt modern technology berry-tastic!
    07-19-09 04:48 PM
    Manual. Amazed how many do not look at it. It points things out and has all the short cuts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 05:24 PM
    Manual. Amazed how many do not look at it. It points things out and has all the short cuts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    this is 2009, who's got time for that? yeah i prolly should read the manual....I bet you 75% of people don't read the manual. if we did, there would be no crackberry
    07-19-09 08:40 PM
    RTFM much?

Same as the top of the storm. lock on the left, mute on the right. If I recall correctly, if its locked and you hold down the mute button, it puts the phone in standby mode.
    07-19-09 09:05 PM
    I def love how RIM included these buttons on top and made them large flush buttons. I was always kind of impartial to the mute/standby button on the Curves because it is recessed. IMO the Tour is the best designed berry to come out yet. I truly cant wait to pick mine up, hopefully within the next few weeks.
    07-19-09 09:13 PM
    haha dont knock him. i even jumped a little when i first pressed the buttons on top of the tour. they actually press in and you dont just tap em. suprised me. and mic is on bottom left of the phone. i didnt notice until i put my skin on and it had a small hole for the mic. the manual doesnt do justice. its amazing the more u learn with actual hands on application.
    07-19-09 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD