I don't know if anyone else posted this but I have figured out how to remove unwanted icons from your home screen. The previous solution was to just hide them but I have figured out how to really remove them.

Go to options, then advanced options, then service book

There you will find the icons listed as service book entries. For instance myspace will be listed as "Myspace VPL". All the icons end in VPL. Just highlight the icon you want to remove and select delete.

NOTE: When resending service books the icons will come back.

I deleted these last night and they have not come back yet, hopefully they are gone for good.
    08-06-09 03:42 PM
    this has been noted several times, but the problem is the service books come back after a battery pull, thus becoming quite a hassle to go and delete them and again. It's much easier to just hide them and live with it that way
    08-06-09 03:45 PM
    They will come back when your carrier pushes service books to you or when you battery pull its better to create a folder put them in there and hide the folder.
    08-06-09 03:59 PM
    08-06-09 04:10 PM
    You're saving what, 4kb total memory doing it that way? Just hide them and be done with it.
    08-06-09 04:42 PM
    why not just delete the application? (I think I'm missing something here)
    08-07-09 10:17 AM
    You are.

These applications are not installed. The icon is there with the idea of allowing you to install it.
    08-07-09 10:20 AM
    These aren't like typical applications, they are pushed to you from your carrier, deleting the service books is a temporary removal until, like other posters have said, a battery pull or the service books are resent. Hiding them is the most effective way to not see them.
    08-07-09 10:21 AM
    +1
    These aren't like typical applications, they are pushed to you from your carrier, deleting the service books is a temporary removal until, like other posters have said, a battery pull or the service books are resent. Hiding them is the most effective way to not see them.
    +1

Thanks for the attempt though, OP!

/endthread
    08-07-09 10:27 AM
    shrink-a-os
    08-07-09 10:28 AM
    shrink-a-os
    These are service books, not part of the OS
    08-07-09 10:31 AM
    Nice....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-07-09 10:48 AM
    Help please!

I was moving unused icons into a misc. folder - I hit "hide" instead of move and I have lost ALL visual of my folders. I press the "menu" key and all I get is the word "up".
    08-07-09 11:26 AM
    why is this even a solution, they're going to return when you resend your service books? just hide them. they don't eat memory at all.
    08-07-09 11:36 AM
    Thanks for your help.
    08-07-09 11:42 AM
    I see now! Thanks for the clarification.

Now I too am annoyed they don't come off! LoL! -must hide-

08-08-09 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD