Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
    I had to spend quite some time dealing with this issue. I think the issue stems from the "Google Sync" app requiring the "allow duplicate names" to be set on. (Contacts->BB key->Options->General Options)

To fix this issue, I did the following:
    1. Disabled wireless sync (Contacts->BB key->Options->Contact list->Wireless Synchronization)
    2. Logged into gmail and deleted all contacts on it.
    3. Logged into carrier BIS and deleted the gmail e-mail account.
    4. Wiped the address book on the phone (Desktop Manager->Backup and Restore->Advanced->Address Book->Clear)
    5. Turned off "allow duplicate names" setting (Contacts->BB key->Options->General Options)
    6. Restored the address book onto the phone from a backed up copy.
    7. Added the gmail e-mail account back onto the carrier BIS.
    8. Followed gmail's instructions to turn on wireless sync on the phone (Setup folder->Email settings).

Basically I had to disconnect the link, wipe everything, disable "allow duplicate names", restore the address book, and then reconnect the sync link.

By the way, it's not a pushed sync of contacts. I heard that the sync takes place every 4 hours (regardless if you do a battery pull, etc), but mine synced about 40 minutes later. I have had no issues at all since then. It's stupid that Google Sync needs to be able to duplicate names in order to work...duplicate records should only be for when you want a contact to have two records, such as a personal one and a work one.

Everytime i go to restore from my back up copy it only shows one contact and not the amout of contacts that were there when i made the back up. Ive already erased all my contacts from my gmail dcontacts website so im afraid to hit yes to the restore because the one contact will replace all those that should be there when i saved my back up. please help me. how do i get all the contacts to restore onto my phone.
    03-19-10 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD