and yes, you cant add a line for 9.99 like regular family plan if you plan to get a 2nd blackberry, u have to pay the 30 bucks a month for the blackberry data plan
    06-17-09 07:30 AM
    Could you add the line, get the Tour, swap the phones, then put an old Razr on the new line for $9.99?
    06-17-09 08:11 AM
    Could you add the line, get the Tour, swap the phones, then put an old Razr on the new line for $9.99?
    you could but then you'd still have the line for at least a year and at $10 a month that adds up to $120. why not just cancel the line right off the bat for $150.
    06-17-09 09:59 AM
    That makes the most sense out of what i've read...only thing is the curve is 500 full retail right now, so the tour HAS to be more than 500 full retail, plus it might not be 200 with 2 year contract right? How much was storm with 2 year contract when it first came out? wasnt it 299. So if it's 300, plus 150 to cancel, you're still at 450 total when full retail could easily be 600.
    storm was $200 (after a $50 rebate) with 2 year contract when it first came out. i know because i was one of the suckers that bought one.

the curve is $430 retail and the storm is $500. the tour will more than likely end up right in the middle.
    06-17-09 10:16 AM
    [QUOTE=Terrigno;2825007]That sounds about right. I did this with the Curve. I had the LG Dare and then Got another line to buy the Curve for the cheap price. Called, and told them I wanted the number and all features switched to the Curve and cancelled the line. The lady knew what I was doing and was like "Theres no problem with doing this. We know the customers want the newest and greatest phones out so they do what they can to get it for the cheaper price" She told me there is no problem with basically being shady hahah QUOTE]

That's how I usually do it myself and sell the old device to recoup my ETF.
    It's kind of silly, you can't just get the new contract price and cancel the old line. Something about a wait policy before you can activate a new phone with Verizon..but you can get a second line and transfer the account over.
    07-01-09 09:37 AM
    I'll be getting the Tour for whatever I can. I'm still on contract for another 18 months, so I'll need to work something out with Verizon.
    07-01-09 09:48 AM
    I guess I still don't think its worth all the trouble. First u gotta go to family plan. Then pay for tour. Then cancel which is 175. So 200 for tour and 175 for cancellation plus a month or two of second line charge. Where is the benefit for that ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 11:42 AM
    Eh I'm on my buddies advatage club on sprint so even if I could swap it's not available for advantage club members for a few months so I'll probably just pay full retail and sell my curve which should cover half the cost.
    07-01-09 11:47 AM
    I'm still considering doing so. I usually must have the latest and greatest. From the curve it has minimal improvements but I definatly like the look of it better.

07-03-09 06:19 PM
    I'm gonna pay full retail here, going off of VZW's website, it looks like it'll retail around $489
    07-06-09 03:29 PM
    Yep I'll be paying retail minus what I sell my curve for
    07-06-09 03:31 PM
    I posted this earlier today: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/up...-199-a-260837/

Basically, I purchased my Storm in December, and it seems as though I can upgrade through my online VZW account for $199.

What am I missing here???
    07-06-09 03:46 PM
    I'm paying retail, screw it.

07-06-09 03:52 PM
    I'm paying retail, screw it.

haha exactly
    07-06-09 03:56 PM
    Do you need to pay full retail even if you renew your contract for another 2 years?
    07-06-09 04:05 PM
    If I have to, I will. But I'll try for an early upgrade, but am not holding out a lot of hope.
    07-06-09 04:07 PM
    Well I am gonna getta a TOUR one way or the other! Vzw has a great little secret that no one knows about, this isn't cheap or stealing either. Its called 3-replacements in 90 days before your warranty is up. I know that seems a lil jacked but when ur like me and promised the phone just needs a software update and it will stop doing wehat it does like making randome phone calls or turning off, a person could get a lil perturbed.

My first storm had software issues & hardware too like parts falling off. Now I am on #1-replacement and I have hardware issues again as the sides aren't fully stuck to the handset(WTF!) and feel hecka cheap. So I will get #2 & so on till #3 has issues to. Look I wanna phone that is fuctional in what I do and works properly unlike the Storm so I guess my answer is No I will not pay full price to a new TOUR as I will try to work the system to my advantage for being screwed so far & 3 weeks of no actual phone service. Thnx All Sorry for the Rant hahaha
    07-06-09 05:28 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out what the retail for sprint will be. It would be nice if they try to match verizon's pricing.

07-07-09 01:49 PM
    I bought the storm at launch for retail, so I can upgrade now with a $50 credit or wait and upgrade in august with a $100 credit.

07-07-09 03:02 PM
    I got the storm, hated it, returned it for the curve and signed a 2 year deal...and now the tour will be out soon. I'm definiately going to be charging that baby up on my credit card. Any other psycho's like me willing to put up 500 plus for this baby? or are most of you going to wait until contract is up, or until your eligible?

I need to have the newest and greatest, and having only a verizon wireless selection isnt saying much, but with the tour, i'm going to have to pay full retail. I think the curve full retail is 499..so the tour is going to be easily 500 to 600 bucks.
    Ugh, the question of my life right now. I still have a year left on my contract so I don't know if I'll get the discounts and rebates (just $75 off for sure). But I've been a Sprint costumer for so long that I'm hoping they will let me do the new contract pricing. Wouldn't be the first time they've done something for me for being a long-time customer.
    07-07-09 03:15 PM
    shoot i worded that completely wrong...

Can i file a claim saying i lost the phone then get a replacement and sell the other one on ebay?
    Nothing like comitting a crime and discussing it on line. Yea you can sell it on Ebay and when the buyer tries to activate it and can't you will be in a world of trouble because the ESN will be blacklisted and come right back to you. It will also be a no on selling the replacement because it will also be tied to you and the same goes with the ESN and Verizon. Good luck with that though.
    07-07-09 05:19 PM
    I'm paying full retail and happy to do so. I got the Storm (my first BB) three months ago and kept it over the 30 days in hopes of a cure-all in the software update. Unfortunately the update didn't fix all of the issues. Since owning a BB the amount of texting and emailing that I do has risen exponentially and my SurePress typing skills are not cutting it. I am in desperate want of a full keyboard so I am just going to pay full retail and have a happy existence.
    07-07-09 05:39 PM
    I signed a 3 year contract back in Dec 2008 for my current HTC Diamond and needless to say, I've been unhappy with the phone.

Having been a customer with Telus for 12 years, I used the loyalty card to get a $150 discount on any new data device plus 3 months free on the voice portion of my monthly bill. Total discount works to be close to $300. Not too shabby considering I'm only 6 months into my 36 month term.

I'm getting impatient waiting for the Tour. I just want to retire this POS HTC!
    07-07-09 05:48 PM
    not me using my upgrade
    07-07-09 07:38 PM
    so many option not sure what to do.
    07-13-09 04:24 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD