can someone post a screen shot of what this threaded SMS looks like in the .191 build for the Tour. Gracias.
    08-29-09 11:00 PM
    I saw this single screen shot here 5.0.0.191 on the TOUR. Screenshots! - BlackberryOS.com
    I was just kinda looking for a few shots to see how it works. Yes, i know how to use the search button.
    08-29-09 11:04 PM
    i cant wait for the official release =)
    08-30-09 03:23 AM
    That's all it is man-nothing crazy.

I saw this single screen shot here 5.0.0.191 on the TOUR. Screenshots! - BlackberryOS.com
    I was just kinda looking for a few shots to see how it works. Yes, i know how to use the search button.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 03:50 AM
    Because it was so important to read your reply.
    Mr Jmac, you have to keep in mind that its important to make sure you dont do anything to upset that d-bag.

To those assh0les, searching doesnt always retrieve the answers that you are looking for so that is why I'm assuming individuals ask questions. Is that not the reason for forums?
    08-30-09 12:30 PM
    I have 6 Sprint Blackberry Tours. 4 of them worked... 2 of them bricked with failed connect multistage, I just think it�s a phone issue and blackberry will have to address it with their next update. The 2 phones were bought on the initial release date. The other 4 were bought about 3-4 weeks after initial release date.

I think it looks like the first batch of phones that were shipped seems to be the ones with the problems to get the 5.0.0.191.

I tried almost everything, Windows XP, VISTA (32 and 64 bit), 7 (64 Bit), also used DM and Loader.exe.

Hope this gives people some closure�
    confused:
    Redundant posts. thats funny. 2 days and it still wont load. So help me out.
    Loaded with DM? Check, Bricked.
    Loaded with loader.exe? Check, Bricked
    Loaded with shrink OS? Check, Bricked.
    Loaded with CrackBurgers 12 step? Bricked.
    Loaded with Shrink OS? Bricked.
    Loaded from 4.7.0.140 to 5.0.0.140 to 5.0.0.191? Bricked
    Loaded with internet shut off? Bricked
    Loaded on 3 different computers? Bricked
    Loaded from 3 different windows OS? Bricked
    Whipped the whole damn thing with BBSAK and did all the above over? Bricked
    You think maybe instead of being so helpful you could maybe load .191 for me? You obviously know what you're doing.
    08-30-09 03:49 PM
    Mr Jmac, you have to keep in mind that its important to make sure you dont do anything to upset that d-bag.

To those assh0les, searching doesn't always retrieve the answers that you are looking for so that is why I'm assuming individuals ask questions. Is that not the reason for forums?
    The reason for the forum is to seek information yes, but if you are too lazy to read through posts then no you do not need to use a forum until to can learn to do for yourself some. This is not called a hand fed forum nor does it say it is a please sit on your arse and do nothing forum but clog it up with redundant posts asking the same question over and over again cause I am too lazy to look for it myself or I don't want to learn how to search and do something for myself.

So you are telling me that reading a few pages or a few posts up is too hard for people? Why defend people who ask the same question that was asked a few posts or a few pages ago?

People get so hinky when someone points out to learn how to use search? Did you have someone tie your shoes for you or did you learn to do that yourself? Learn to search a forum is NO different that learning to tie your shoes. If you need to use Velcro or slip on shoes then maybe loading a leaked OS is not for you.

I see so many great people on this board stop helping people or stop contributing due to the lack of people wanting to do something for themselves. Why do you need to be hand fed information?

So many redundant posts and threads are made here it makes looking for new threads a pain cause people fail to learn how to post they would rather be hand fed the info instead of learning to do it themselves.

Searching is not that hard, it really is not. You may need to change the words you are using or extend your search some. It may take some trial and error, but guess what once you learn how to do it you have one more extra thing you can successfully use and do in life.

But to get back on topic. I tried .191 and it was decent. I did not get the random reboots, or the screwed up media files.

If you do a backup manually before upgrading to .191 you may see an error when you are backing up regarding [sounds] and/or [themes]. If you get the [sounds] error on your backup that is why your default ring tones and themes did not show up after the upgrade. This has something to do with the 4.7 OS I believe and DM 5.0x. It may be fixed in the 5.1 beta of DM. I also did not have the issue when I did a backup from .191 to DM 5.0x.

The FB app for me was a no go since I actually prefer to use FB on my blackberry then log in and do it from my laptop. I also like appworld and prefer to use it.
    08-30-09 05:15 PM
    God I wish people would learn how to read...
    I think all this could be avoided with a comment rating system, much like the one found on YouTube. I understand threads can be rated, so why not individual replies? That way, redundant replies can be rated down and filtered out through one's own preferences of what they want to let through. Moreover, it should let individual posters understand that that information can be found elsewhere.

Off-topic, I know...but I understand the frustration.
    08-30-09 05:48 PM
    i just installed this and it seems to be working fine. ill keep u guys updated. i followed the directions and my phone wouldent complete the initialization at the very end so i did a soft reset and plug it back in and everything was fine. threaded sms is awesome and the phone is uber quick
    08-30-09 07:14 PM
    I think all this could be avoided with a comment rating system, much like the one found on YouTube. I understand threads can be rated, so why not individual replies? That way, redundant replies can be rated down and filtered out through one's own preferences of what they want to let through. Moreover, it should let individual posters understand that that information can be found elsewhere.

Actually I think that is an awesome idea. Why not send that idea to a mod? I am sure you have not been the only to think of this but you might be the one to make it a deciding factor for this board?

Seriously a good idea.....
    08-30-09 07:17 PM
    Actually I think that is an awesome idea. Why not send that idea to a mod? I am sure you have not been the only to think of this but you might be the one to make it a deciding factor for this board?

Seriously a good idea.....

OT

my other car forums do this rating system but it doesent filter results.
    08-31-09 05:50 PM
    - it will automatically reload your contacts as well. Let me know how it works.
    No kidding?? Where are the contacts being saved that it reloads them automatically?? Unless, this is an OS5.0 thing?! I've got BBM5 on my 4.7 Tour and had to restore my contact list from an old backup - don't have to do this anymore??

Sweet!
    08-31-09 06:44 PM
    I have bbm. I just downgraded it to 4.7 before I upgraded. I also have all of my music working and have had no random resets. this build is quite nice for me.

08-31-09 07:33 PM
    Just loaded it up about an hour ago. love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

haven't had any problems yet, camera works fine and no lag
    08-31-09 08:04 PM

There are modules for VBulletin that will accomplish just that. It's just a matter of getting the forum admin to install it, and hope there is a version of the module compatible with the version of VB that CB is running.

Some forums I've mod'd in the past had a "thank" option for posts. Posts "thanked" the most would be ordered appropriately in search results.

Last edited by danoh; 09-01-09 at 05:20 AM.
    09-01-09 04:56 AM
    So I put .191 on my tour, did have an early random reboot and had to reinstall my BBM 4.7. no Facebook sucks, but from some posts I saw earlier FB 4.7 is set to work with OS 5.0 and should be out soon. Loving threatened SMS and the fact that you can send via the enter key just like BBM. I�m running BBM 4.7 and the SMS looks great compared to BBM right now.

Going to ride it out and see how things go.
    09-01-09 11:58 AM
141 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD