I've heard about putting a 8330 trackball into the phone fixes the trackball issue, but I don't think this is the trackball issue that everyone is having. I was wondering if this would improve if I were to put a 8330 trackball into my phone, or if there was perhaps another way for me to deal with it. I thought I'd eventually get used to it and my thumb would steady, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Maybe I just need to focus on pressing down and not moving around?

Thoughts?
    09-11-09 02:28 PM
    It sounds to me like your trackball sensitivity is set too high for you. Whatever yours is currently set at, try bringing it down one or two settings to see if that helps.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBarry; 09-11-09 at 02:32 PM.
    09-11-09 02:30 PM
    bah, but I like it being at 90. Will installing a bigger trackball help with this do you think?
    09-11-09 02:35 PM
    I've heard about putting a 8330 trackball into the phone fixes the trackball issue, but I don't think this is the trackball issue that everyone is having. I was wondering if this would improve if I were to put a 8330 trackball into my phone, or if there was perhaps another way for me to deal with it. I thought I'd eventually get used to it and my thumb would steady, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Maybe I just need to focus on pressing down and not moving around?

Thoughts?
    Mine did the same; got a replacement 2 days ago, no longer have the problem. The ball appears either bigger or the placement within the cradle is better.
    None of us should have to find "fixes" for defective phones. I would never consider taking my phone apart to fix a factory flaw.
    09-11-09 02:57 PM
    Mine did the same; got a replacement 2 days ago, no longer have the problem. The ball appears either bigger or the placement within the cradle is better.
    None of us should have to find "fixes" for defective phones. I would never consider taking my phone apart to fix a factory flaw.
    With all due respect to both you and the OP, a trackball set to 90 will most likely move around as you try to click it. This is not a defective device issue but rather, an issue of the OP's personal device preference settings interfering with their use. It's akin to the following:

"It's way too cold in my house."

"OK, then turn your thermostat up?"

"Yeah, but I LIKE having my thermostat set to 60."

"OK, then either get used to it, put on a sweater, or stop complaining about it being too cold."

PS - OP, I'm not sure what will happen if you try to swap out your trackball on your own, but based on the walkthroughs I've seen, the process can be quite tricky. Proceed at your own risk!
    Last edited by BlackBerryBarry; 09-11-09 at 03:14 PM.
    09-11-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD