So I just read through the "Tour being discontinued" thread.
    What are the chances that RIM will fix the crappy 5.0 OS?
    Would I be better off just rolling back to the previous OS?

Mike
    04-13-10 09:09 AM
    Crappy OS??? Ya maybe just .591

Use Sprint .484 and you will be fine......
    04-13-10 09:17 AM
    I would say that if a company is no longer marketing a product that they will not be in a hurry to make it better. I would roll back to the previous os that you were happy with. And wait it out for a newer berry.
    04-13-10 09:17 AM
    What are the chances that RIM will fix the crappy 5.0 OS?
    As already mentioned, I'm guessing you've never run .419, a .419 hybrid or .484. Most (if not all) feel these 5.0 OS versions are excellent. Don't take our word for it. Try them for yourself and see if they don't change your mind about 5.0-
    04-13-10 09:27 AM
    Put the MTS mobility .419 on your phone.

I only went to .591 because my friend had a tour and we wanted to experience push to talk. It was NOT worth it.

I no longer have a crappy battery, browser click issue, or a non working standby button.
    04-13-10 09:33 AM
    .419 here also, and I love it. No plans to switch to any other version.
    04-13-10 11:44 AM
    As already mentioned, I'm guessing you've never run .419, a .419 hybrid or .484. Most (if not all) feel these 5.0 OS versions are excellent. Don't take our word for it. Try them for yourself and see if they don't change your mind about 5.0-
    I would love to try a hybrid but have no idea how to install one.
    They seem confusing when I read over them, stating that you must have certain things installed or disabled.
    Could someone please direct me to some "HOW TO" instructions? (Preferably something that a 3rd grader could understand)

Much appreciated.

Mike
    04-14-10 09:44 AM
    word to that.. Hybrids are complicated
    04-14-10 10:24 AM
    I would love to try a hybrid but have no idea how to install one.
    They seem confusing when I read over them, stating that you must have certain things installed or disabled.
    Could someone please direct me to some "HOW TO" instructions? (Preferably something that a 3rd grader could understand)

Much appreciated.

Mike
    I felt the same why you do a few months ago, now looking back, installing a hybrid is almost stupid easy. Here is a real good site that gives you all the instructions you need to install a hybrid. Also here is another great site to find awesome hybrids and lots of support. I know the first time is scary, but after you install one, you will be trying a different hybrid every day!!
    04-14-10 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD