I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing something here.... It appears that for each notification (e.g. each email address, the phone ringer, the calendar alarm, SMS text notification, etc.) you choose 1 setting that carries through to all the different "profiles" (e.g. loud, normal, vibrate), and that when you set it on the different profiles, it merely changes the volume of the ringer and whether or not it vibrates?

On my Curve 8330, I had to set each ringer in EACH profile, so if I wanted I could have BBPro1 as the phone ringer for "Loud," and BBPro2 as the phone ringer for "Normal," and BBPro3 as the phone ringer for "Medium," etc.... The Tour does not have this, does it? Thank you!
    04-28-10 11:38 AM
    I'm not sure what you mean. You can have a different ring tone for each profile, or customize it however you like. But, if you are still on OS 4.7 with the Tour, it won't work. You need to upgrade to OS 5.0 for the profiles to work properly.
    04-28-10 11:44 AM
    Yeah then that's the problem... I'm on OS 4.7. What I mean is that if I change the setting for one of the "profiles," it carries over to all of the other profiles.... and then if I try to change one of them, it again changes ALL of them.
    04-28-10 11:53 AM
    Spirnt is using os 5.0 now. I would think if you connect to Desktop Manager on the computer, you will be able to get the upgrade. If not, call Sprint. You will be amazed at how much better 5.0 is for those profile issues.
    04-28-10 11:58 AM
    Yes I would suggest upgrading. It saves a boatload of headaches IMO.
    04-28-10 12:00 PM
    OS 5 does allow the editing of individual items in Profiles.
    04-28-10 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD