Is it available yet?!!?!!
    06-15-09 11:54 PM
    No its not avaiable "to us" yet. Will be on the 13th of "july" (my bad) though !
    Last edited by sooks; 06-15-09 at 11:59 PM.
    06-15-09 11:56 PM
    I think he means July and we will find out soon> closer to the launch date
    06-15-09 11:57 PM
    CX, has made references to many times to 4.7.1 being very good, so I feel as that will be the official OS for release.
    No its not avaiable "to us" yet. Will be on the 13th of june though !
    Yeah, but I'm pretty sure there is a way to get the canadian OS already, or at least to know what version is it, right?
    CX, has made references to many times to 4.7.1 being very good, so I feel as that will be the official OS for release.
    Everyone is talking about version from 4.7.1.28 and forward are awesome, but I would love to know the latest.
    06-15-09 11:58 PM
    Everyone is talking about version from 4.7.1.28 and forward are awesome, but I would love to know the latest.
    So you're telling me you have 2 Tour's and you don't have the latest's OS's to date. Man you must have dropped some serious cash on them then hahah =).
    06-16-09 12:00 AM
    So you're telling me you have 2 Tour's and you don't have the latest's OS's to date. Man you must have dropped some serious cash on them then hahah =).
    Who knows... I might have it or might not... I'm sure, now, with the huge announcement a new version is up, somewhere
    06-16-09 12:01 AM
    it will ship most likely with .28+
    06-16-09 12:59 AM
    I think regardless of what version of the OS it ships with, the problems seen will be far less substantial than what was seen with the storm release.
    06-16-09 04:09 AM
    I think regardless of what version of the OS it ships with, the problems seen will be far less substantial than what was seen with the storm release.
    Now this brings up something I have wondered about.
    We have been assured many times by those we trust that this device is ready to go, therefore no problems expected, not a repeat of the storm launch.

What were insiders saying about the storm prior to its release?
    I had just joined crackberry at that point and didn't really follow it.

Not trying t be a **** disturber, just curious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 05:28 AM
    Now this brings up something I have wondered about.
    We have been assured many times by those we trust that this device is ready to go, therefore no problems expected, not a repeat of the storm launch.

What were insiders saying about the storm prior to its release?
    I had just joined crackberry at that point and didn't really follow it.

Not trying t be a **** disturber, just curious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I see what you mean. I do remember that even our trusted insiders were praising the Storm, saying it is great. Was it? No. Is it? Hahahaaha! Sooo...whats to say they are right, this time?

Well, I think it helps that we have seen many videos (EARLY videos, like that little kid lol) using the Tour and it was super fast. So, maybe the insiders are actually right, this time?
    06-16-09 06:47 AM
    The 9630 is past bundle 69. More than likely it will ship with bundle 69.
    06-16-09 06:56 AM
    I see what you mean. I do remember that even our trusted insiders were praising the Storm, saying it is great. Was it? No. Is it? Hahahaaha! Sooo...whats to say they are right, this time?

Well, I think it helps that we have seen many videos (EARLY videos, like that little kid lol) using the Tour and it was super fast. So, maybe the insiders are actually right, this time?
    The reason the storm OS at launch was so horrible was because it was a brand new OS. (Built off the regular OS's, but a lot of new code for the touch screen). IMO I think this device will be good at launch because it is still basically the same OS as the Bold or 8900
    06-16-09 07:36 AM
    The 9630 is past bundle 69. More than likely it will ship with bundle 69.
    Thank you so much CX! Jesus! I really need an update!
    06-16-09 11:43 AM
    What OS are you on now?

We all like to know. If you can't say just say so.

Love the videos!

Thanks!
    06-16-09 11:50 AM
    Does bundle 69 mean 4.7.1.69 or a platform 69...if that is possible? I am not sure...anyone know?
    06-16-09 12:43 PM
    Does bundle 69 mean 4.7.1.69 or a platform 69...if that is possible? I am not sure...anyone know?
    Whatever it is, I wish I had it already
    06-16-09 05:14 PM
    When on the download site, each build is referenced by a bundle number. Said bundle number has nothing to do with the application version, platform, or even package number. It is how a lot of us refer to these builds.

For the record the builds are a good ways past .28. Here's a few: .32, .36, .50, .58
    All of which work rather well.
    06-16-09 05:33 PM
    When on the download site, each build is referenced by a bundle number. Said bundle number has nothing to do with the application version, platform, or even package number. It is how a lot of us refer to these builds.

For the record the builds are a good ways past .28. Here's a few: .32, .36, .50, .58
    All of which work rather well.
    Jesus!!! Is there a way I could get a copy of the .58 That would be sweeeettttttt

And of course I meant to say PLEASE before! LOL PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    06-16-09 05:39 PM
    For reference so you can know some of the progression: 4.7.1.36 PL_4.1.0.34
    06-16-09 05:41 PM
    Jesus!!! Is there a way I could get a copy of the .58 That would be sweeeettttttt

And of course I meant to say PLEASE before! LOL PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
    As much as I'd like to help you, I cannot. I love my job and won't risk it to leak beta software. I just posted those builds, and update the Latest Known Builds, just to keep members informed of what's going on internally.
    No worries Salo, there will be a newer version out soon that you can download.(Telus) also, .58 is not the absolute newest.
    06-16-09 05:46 PM
    As much as I'd like to help you, I cannot. I love my job and won't risk it to leak beta software. I just posted those builds, and update the Latest Known Builds, just to keep members informed of what's going on internally.
    No worries Salo, there will be a newer version out soon that you can download.(Telus) also, .58 is not the absolute newest.
    I completely understand CX. Thank you so much for the replies though! It's always good to know that there is something to look forward to.

Take care.
    06-16-09 06:02 PM
    Will Verizon be blocking 3rd party GPS apps on this like their other BB's?
    06-16-09 06:04 PM
    I completely understand CX. Thank you so much for the replies though! It's always good to know that there is something to look forward to.

Take care.
    you know that loser kid at school that somehow gets to hang out with a couple cooler kids? and those cool kids just kind of keep him around but no one knows why... and the loser kid just gets excited by being around the cool guys and hearing them talk?

i feel like that loser kid right now. lol
    06-16-09 06:08 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD