Storm's SurePress Touchscreen + 3G

And Curve's Keyboard?
    04-19-09 05:26 PM
    what exactly is your question?
    04-19-09 05:33 PM
    Storm's SurePress Touchscreen + 3G

And Curve's Keyboard?
    The 9630 is not a touchscreen device. It is a mix of a Bold and a 8900. It has they keyboard of a Bold, and the form factor of the 8900/95xx, and the guts of a Storm. The 9630 is the CDMA version of the Bold and is also replacing the 8830 W.E. Yes, it's EVDO Rev A, which is a 3G standard. Very good device. Again, it's the CDMA version of the 9000. But the keyboard is just like the Bold's, only smaller. Not like the Curve.
    04-19-09 05:42 PM
    any news on a targeted release date CX?
    04-19-09 05:43 PM
    more like 8900 + bold = 9630

9630 does not have touchscreen
    04-19-09 05:43 PM
    damn CX beat me to it.. hahaha all good! Hope that clears thingsss
    04-19-09 05:44 PM
    I'm caught between the Storm (which I DO want) or this.
    04-19-09 06:48 PM
    I'm caught between the Storm (which I DO want) or this.
    I would think you would like the Niagara more because you have a Curve. You won't like the typing on the Storm as much, you could possibly hate it. Of course, there could be good reasons why you would prefer a Storm but I would suggest waiting for the Niagara.
    04-19-09 06:56 PM
    any news on a targeted release date CX?
    Nothing I can speak about. :/
    04-19-09 07:03 PM
    Thanks for the info guys.. I thought there was a phone coming out for verizon that was half touch half keyboard
    04-19-09 08:06 PM
    Thanks for the info guys.. I thought there was a phone coming out for verizon that was half touch half keyboard
    No problem, that's what we're here for. The 9630 is an EVDO Rev A device. It also has quadband GSM(EDGE) radios, and a 2100MHz UMTS radio. It's smaller than the 9000 but bigger than the 8900. It's a very quick capable device with lots of memory and a great screen. They keyboard is great, as it mirrors the 9000's. The speakers are second to none. A very good corporate/professional user device. Also good for consumers that email/text a lot. I would recommend upgrading from a Curve or 8830, and even the Storm to this device.
    04-19-09 08:44 PM
    if you are happy with storm , so be it and if not, wait till niagara 9630 to come out soon.

I wish to have 9630 when it is come out but cannot afford 2 devices so I have to stick with storm for now.
    04-19-09 08:54 PM
    Supposedly the Storm 2 is suppose to be like this but that is just speculation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 09:07 PM
    Well the storm 2 is rumored to be touchscreen and physical qwerty but no one really knows when and if that will even come out, and if it does it will most likely not be on the verizon network
    04-19-09 09:48 PM
    The 9630 is not a touchscreen device. It is a mix of a Bold and a 8900. It has they keyboard of a Bold, and the form factor of the 8900/95xx, and the guts of a Storm. The 9630 is the CDMA version of the Bold and is also replacing the 8830 W.E. Yes, it's EVDO Rev A, which is a 3G standard. Very good device. Again, it's the CDMA version of the 9000. But the keyboard is just like the Bold's, only smaller. Not like the Curve.
    As you stated before, most of the new devices coming out of RIM will have that form factor.

Well the storm 2 is rumored to be touchscreen and physical qwerty but no one really knows when and if that will even come out, and if it does it will most likely not be on the verizon network
    There will be a touchscreen + full QWERTY phone soon. And it's not the Storm 2 right now. Not even a CDMA device.
    04-19-09 09:54 PM
    I would think you would like the Niagara more because you have a Curve. You won't like the typing on the Storm as much, you could possibly hate it. Of course, there could be good reasons why you would prefer a Storm but I would suggest waiting for the Niagara.
    I'm waiting for the niagara since I'm not eligible for an update and want to play with it before buying it. I've played with the storm a LOT, and love the touchscreen, but since I'm familiar/comfortable with the curve's design it might get me more towards the niagara. Of course we here at VZW haven't even heard if we're getting this phone, so we might not *laughs*.... we are wayyyyy overdue for an updated non-touch Berry though, since the curve, pearl and 8830 are old and not rev a capable.
    04-19-09 11:02 PM
    It'll be intersting to see how soon the Jupiter comes out after the Niagara. That way, people how like the Curve form-fcator and keyboard will also get an upgrade.
    04-20-09 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD