So the long awaited official OS 5.0 for Verizon is a hit or miss?

I haven't upgraded yet for the following reasons based on what I have read so far.

1. New OS is not compatible with Opera mini 4.2 version. I like this version best and use Opera browser 95% of the time. Reason I like 4.2 version better is because I am able to scroll up and down pretty quickly using the trackball horizontally versus the newer version which only allows scrolling with a pointer. Maybe I haven't explored all the options on the new OM and perhaps I can adjust the options to scroll up and down with moving the trackball side to side?

2. Bluetooh issues, Call quality issues have been reported.. I use my built in bluetooth in my car and when I first got the Tour last summer I had issues with the call quality via bluetooth. Once the OS 4.7 came out this fixed the call quality for me. It seems that the 5.0 Official OS is having problems again.
    So much for enchanced bluetooth being one of the positive features of the new OS?

3. Takes several attempts to "click" on the link in your browser to activiate the link. This is not much of an issue for me since I use Opera the most.

I'm not complaining but I have waited a long time for the VZW 5.0 OS to be released and I am just disappointed.
    03-30-10 08:36 AM
    1. Tried Bolt?

2. Don't know for sure, but could be user error just as well.

3. Known problem, not sure if fixed in this official, but see #1.
    03-30-10 08:50 AM
    1. Tried Bolt?

2. Don't know for sure, but could be user error just as well.

3. Known problem, not sure if fixed in this official, but see #1.
    I've tried Bolt and its not my cup of tea as well.

I'll just keep reading up on what everyone else is experiencing before thinking about updating the new OS.
    03-30-10 09:55 AM
    I've tried Bolt and its not my cup of tea as well.

I'll just keep reading up on what everyone else is experiencing before thinking about updating the new OS.
    I'm using the Opera Mini Beta (5 is it?) It's been awesome for me. And you can tap space to scroll faster which I like better. I like having the idea of a cursor to scroll so I'm partial to that. Very stable, and blazing fast.
    03-30-10 11:40 AM
    So the long awaited official OS 5.0 for Verizon is a hit or miss?

I haven't upgraded yet for the following reasons based on what I have read so far.

1. New OS is not compatible with Opera mini 4.2 version. I like this version best and use Opera browser 95% of the time. Reason I like 4.2 version better is because I am able to scroll up and down pretty quickly using the trackball horizontally versus the newer version which only allows scrolling with a pointer. Maybe I haven't explored all the options on the new OM and perhaps I can adjust the options to scroll up and down with moving the trackball side to side?
    This is my biggest complaint. People will call me crazy, but I actually downgraded to get Opera 4.2 back.
    03-30-10 12:28 PM
    03-30-10 12:54 PM
    For me and i think for anyone the biggest issue with .951 is the browser click issue. Sometimes you have to click on a browser link more than once before it works. Other than that I find everything running smoothly and working good. Browser is fast and Radio is a strong 3-4 bars (of course that depends on your area as well
    03-30-10 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD