So I went to verizon today at 9am 2 hours before they opened to see if anyone was in line and 3 people were. I knew they were getting 30 tours so I went back home and didn't wait. I went back to the store 45 min before they open because I was anxious and there was a line of 10 people. We start talking and I couldn't believe it....I was the only one there for the tour. A few people were getting upgrades and a few others had broken phones etc.

Why would you wait for 2 hours in front of the store to just get an upgrade haha.

That's my funny story of the day
    07-12-09 11:47 AM
    i went to the Verizon store 5mins before they opened and no one was there. then they opened the doors and i got my tour so i was happy
    07-12-09 11:49 AM
    I went to the Verizon store an hour before it opened and nobody was there. As soon as it opened I walked it and the lady had my phone waiting for me! 10 minutes later I was on my way home! I thought there would be people waiting in line for this phone, but I was wrong. Oh well! I was the first person they sold one to!!!!! I love this phone!
    07-12-09 11:56 AM
    Maybe it's not the greatest BB you guys hoped it was going to be.
    07-12-09 12:05 PM
    Actually, in the past people stood in line for phones they haven't been the greatest. So maybe this is a sign.

The storm and the Iphone people stood in line for. Both phones had major problems at launch.
    07-12-09 12:36 PM
    I didn't think people would be in line. It's a sweet phone but there is nothing revolutionary about it. The iphone and the the storm were revolutionary devices the iphone was apples first phone with its great UI and amazing web browser, and the storm with its click touchscreen. The tour is just like any other BB i've owned in the past trackball and keypad. It's just in a shinier package with a new OS and better screen quality. Just my two cents.
    07-12-09 12:45 PM
    There were people in line all around the country. It seemed to be hit or miss though in different places.

I bet if Verizon advertised it then it would have been a different story.
    07-12-09 12:49 PM
    There was no advertising period
    07-12-09 12:52 PM
    IN SWFL I walked in a few minutes after open, no lines and 1 other person getting the tour
    07-12-09 12:52 PM
    I walked in an hour ago just to check the phone out and they asked how interested I was. They hadn't sold very many yet. After playing with it I still like the keyboard on my curve alot better. No Tour for me!! But the phone did look very nice.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 12:58 PM
    There were maybe 6 people including myself and my friend at our VZW store at opening today looking for the Tour. Everyone else was there for the normal "I'm due for upgrade" or "I broke my phone."
    07-12-09 01:11 PM
    im in valencia california and I couldnt wait I was there at 840am thinking it opens at 9 lol so i left came back at 10 there was 2 people for the tour that included me lol
    I bought 2 with two new lines totaled nearly $700 with taxes.

now I havent even opened mine because my girl friend hasnt opend hers and its KILLING ME!!! SIGH! why did i get her one she can stick with the 8330
    07-12-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD