So... I was downloaded an app from the Blackberry App World. It's called DataBackup BETA. So when I set it to run the first backup of my device it froze the phone. So I did a battery pull. When it was booting back up I received an error code 552. It said Reinstall Software Error 552. So I went to my trusty BB Desktop manager to restore my software and data. Everything was going smoothly until it said it couldn't reinstall the enhanced gmail plugin. Once it hit that it terminates everytime time and doesn't reinstall any of my emails, sms, mms or contacts. Does anyone know how to get around this?
    02-04-10 04:57 PM
    All you really needed to do was uninstall the DataBackup App and you would have been able to reboot without reinstalling anything.

You can use BBSAK to delete apps even when the 552 error comes up.
    02-04-10 05:06 PM
    Wow... Didn't know that. Anyway I can get my contacts back?
    02-04-10 05:29 PM
    If you have a backup of your contacts, you should be able to restore them.
    02-04-10 05:48 PM
    Xopher, I stored your link in my BB. I'll share it here. It should increase the chance that it will be found if someone does a search for this problem.

https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=4618153

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 05:51 PM
    All you really needed to do was uninstall the DataBackup App and you would have been able to reboot without reinstalling anything.

You can use BBSAK to delete apps even when the 552 error comes up.

You can also hook up to the desktop manager and remove the last app as well. I have had to do this a few times..
    02-04-10 07:22 PM
    Thanks everyone!
    02-05-10 01:58 PM
    If you have a backup of your contacts, you should be able to restore them.
    Reading this forum has made me aware of just how few people actually back up their devices with any regularity. Sadly, they don't realize the importance until it's too late.

I do it once or twice a week and it might take a minute or so to complete.
    02-05-10 02:35 PM
    Hello,
    Well after bragging how great my Tour is and how I never have ANY problems with it, and then it happen. I downloaded eOffice 4.6 Microsoft Word and when it finished and I clicked on Run, the phone shutdown and when it came back up it said to "Reistall Software" 552. I pulled the battery and still has the same message. I tried to restore and it didn't work. Anyone have any ideas on how to reset my Tour?

Thanks in advance.
    02-09-10 09:52 PM
    Read this.

552 error!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD