I had been thinking about going to Storm 2 seriously but then I figured they are pretty much the same devices minus the wifi and the problematic touch screen.

I think I am staying.
    10-29-09 01:14 AM
    Pretty much came to the same conclusion last week when I bought my Tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 01:39 AM
    The clicking sound of that touchscreen would drive me crazy.

10-29-09 05:52 AM
    I was playing with the S2 and I was really impressed to be honest! It was very smooth and responsive, really quick and very easy to type on... I believe is a deff upgrade from the S1
    10-29-09 06:16 AM
    I played around with the storm 2 to see what the hype was about. Glad I did not buy it. I hated storm 1 when I had it, and I hated storm 2 almost as bad. I guess a touch screen doest fit who i am at all
    10-29-09 06:24 AM
    i'll try going to one of the verizon stores to see if its really worth exchanging the tour for...
    10-29-09 07:03 AM
    My 2 cents.....

I had a storm 1 and it was terrible. Besides the touchscreen, it would just freeze up all the time, the camera rarely responded properly and switching between portrait an landscape mode was erratic at best. I've had a tour now for month and it has yet to freeze up or do anything annoying. Its a great BB and I much prefer the qwerty keyboard. Yeah the storm was better for multimedia because of the widescreen but i don't really miss it. I have not tried the storm 2 but I see no reason to switch. I just hope OS 5 gets released officially for the tour.

WIFI would be nice as well for the tour, but 99% of the time when I have access to wifi I am using my laptop so.....
    10-29-09 08:46 AM
    I got the Tour on Launch Day which also was the Day Alltel was officially opened as Verizon here. Well I wanted the Storm 1 cause I miss the touch screen I had with the Treo but the Tour had so much mor ememory so I grabbed it. Overall the Tour has been a good phone but the track ball was starting to get on my nerves like it did with my BB World. So when I heard about the Storm 2 I had to get it. Went and picked it up yesterday and its taking some getting used to but its great.
    10-29-09 10:13 AM
    I had been thinking about going to Storm 2 seriously but then I figured they are pretty much the same devices minus the wifi and the problematic touch screen.

I think I am staying.
    I played with the Storm 2 a bit yesterday at my local store - it is most definitely the same thing as the Storm 1, plus WiFi and a more hardy input method. Really, nothing else has changed and I don't see why all the Storm 1 people are going nuts about it (and some even paying full retail for it), especially since the OS was released for the original Storm.

To each their own, I guess.
    10-29-09 10:24 AM
    I played with the Storm 2 a bit yesterday at my local store - it is most definitely the same thing as the Storm 1, plus WiFi and a more hardy input method. Really, nothing else has changed and I don't see why all the Storm 1 people are going nuts about it (and some even paying full retail for it), especially since the OS was released for the original Storm.

To each their own, I guess.
    Nobody said Storm owners were the brightest bunch : )

10-29-09 10:43 AM
    my s1 worked awesome. the phone would freeze rarely but that was on .75 os. once i loaded the newer software and even some 5.0 os on it, it worked great. but what made me leave it and get the tour was the screen click for some reason towards the last month of me owning it, the screen just would not click correctly. no matter what i did, i tried all the tricks but nothing seemed to fix it so i just jumped to the tour.

i was thinking about the getting the s2 but its really not all that different from the s1. i think im just going to hold on to my tour till my next upgrade and see what new phones rim has at that time.

i really wanna see what 5.1 and 5.2 are gonna bring. but what i would really like to see is the 6.0 os that ive heard is the complete overhaul of the bb os.
    10-29-09 10:55 AM

I think I am staying.
    i love my s1, think you are doing the right thing
    10-29-09 11:11 AM
    The clicking sound of that touchscreen would drive me crazy.

On the videos it might be loud, but its really quiet in person -- much quieter than my Bold keyboard and infinitely quieter than my wife's 8900 keyboard. It handles much better than the storm 1, and when you use it, it feels great, especially next to a storm 1.

10-29-09 11:17 AM
    I enjoyed the Storm 1.. never needed a warranty replacement and besides an infrequent lock up from time to time it did what I needed. However, I never did adapt to typing on a touch screen very well. So, I'm swapping to a Tour. Got a Bogo on two of them so my fiance can upgrade her Curve as well. They arrive tomorrow.

I think the only gripe I had about the Storm was how touchy the camera was. Took me 3 or more attempts to pull off a picture that wasn't blurry.
    10-29-09 11:18 AM
    i like the look of the storm 2. i'd probably get one if i didnt have my ipod touch
    10-29-09 12:55 PM
    just got out from the verizon store, the storm 2 is an ok product but as everybody here on the forums states, basically the same as storm 1 with a few additions/enhancements.. i'm sticking with my tour for now
    10-30-09 02:13 PM
    I played around with the storm 2 to see what the hype was about. Glad I did not buy it. I hated storm 1 when I had it, and I hated storm 2 almost as bad. I guess a touch screen doest fit who i am at all
    I'm the same way. I've had them all and I still go back to the tour. I was not impressed with the storm 2. Yea its a little better than storm 1, but does not stand up to the tour in my opinion.
    10-30-09 02:41 PM
    Good move.

I had the Storm until this past Wednesday (the day the Storm2 came out) and switched to the Tour. Even with the official 5.0 update, I still feel that the Storm is far too quirky and not worth the hassle. Granted, it was significantly better with 5.0, but the Tour seems to be a much more solid device.
    10-30-09 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD