I finally swallowed my pride and took my Tour into the Sprint Store to get my trackball "fixed." I was one of the day 1 Tour purchasers (around August 2nd) and swore that my device was immaculate.

After this new device my first one was far from it.

It was VERY simple. I went into the store, told them that my trackball was rather unresponsive and inconsistent. Showed them what was going on, and they told me they would be done in about half an hour. About half an hour later, I get a call from the tech saying that they would have to replace my device with a new one. I said that is fine as long as they transferred all my contacts/data which they did. Now I have a tour that is all back up and running with a flawless trackball. Sensitivity is at the stock speed and it doesn't skip a beat.

In conclusion, if your trackball sucks, go to your dealer and they will swap it out for you. It doesn't have to be in the 30 day time period. The rep's were very friendly and accommodating.

I am one happy camper!!!
    11-03-09 02:48 PM
    I got my Tour in early October. Amidst the flurry of reports of Tours being retuned I decided to try anyway... So here it is a month later and having exchanged the Tour 3 times, I have a winner! Between sticky keys and a non-tracking trackball I almost gave up when I saw the Storm 2... But I'm glad I stayed with the Tour, I now have it wrapped safely in an Otterbox Commuter case and all's good!
    11-03-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD